Flyboy500

Mar 1, 2004
Ocala, We camped at Big Scrub and I don't have any plans on riding Ocala again. No places to get any kind of air... The trails I found to be boring. Ocala is geared more towards ATV's and family riding. Any areas that look like fun were closed and posted. When riding on various trails we would run into numbered roads that are off limits to non-licensed vehicles. We also had our street bikes but couldn't ride out of Big Scrub campground due to the very loose sand and the distance to any paved roads. No showers at Big Scrub and to far away from town. My partner didn't seem interested in going to Croom so that will have to wait till next year. I have been at Croom riding and I would say Croom is worth paying the entry fee... We only had a few nice days of weather while in Florida and we camped at the KOA campground located at I-95 and Rt 46 (Mims/Sanford) We went to Daytona for Bike Week last Monday and of course it was cool! Lots of bikes and things to look at and to buy. The weather was not real good and the cool temps and rain sent us home a few days early. I put about 1400 miles on the street bike riding all over the state and to Key West. 80 in the Keys!!! That was nice! I did get some sun, oh well perhaps next year will be better! Locals say the the weather always improves the week after Bike Week... Hummm???? Back to the snow in Ohio, oh well it's almost spring??? In Ohio spring starts in June :coocoo:

Top Bottom