Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
Has anyone been able to get an OCEMN needle for the KTM's FCR carb recently? If so, where from?
I've tried Sudco (no answer, only get voice mail and no return calls) Carb Part Warehouse = out of stock, Holeshot = Out of stock (BTW, they are charging $20 each :eek: please tell me that's a rip off as per usual!)
Anyone know where else would be a goodplace to get them?

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
bultaco,
I agree that $20 is money well spent if it makes that much of a difference. I guess my point was the last needle I bought (for a KTM 380) was $8 Are these ones $20 just because they're popular, or is it a legit difference in needle type?

bultaco290

May 10, 2001
I paid 16 bucks for mine, I think that is buuuulll**** but it does make the bike
run alot better... If it makes you feel any better these needles are about
twice as long as the ones for your 380

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
Finally got through to Sudco. The needle was $7.75 ea (as opposed to holeshot $20) and jets were $3.60 ea (as opposed to holeshot $8 ea)
Now all I hope is that she actually understood my accent and I'm not getting bits for a lawnmower :scream:

Coach in ND

Mar 19, 2001
I didn't check around before I bought mine. I ordered it from Holeshot and paid $20.00. Not only was that a rip-off, they charged me $13.00 Frt for a small 1lb package to go from Ohio to ND. When I called them to complain about it they said it was a handling charge that helps them pay for boxes and labels. When I told her that she wouldn't be receiving any more of my hard earned money she notified me that she didn't care!!!!!!

BUYER BEWARE....HOLESHOT IS A RIP-OFF!!!!!

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
Originally posted by Coach in ND
BUYER BEWARE....HOLESHOT IS A RIP-OFF!!!!!
With the risk of starting a flame in the KTM forum (Patman?) I couldn't agree more.

I bought a used 380 from them last year when I lived in Cleveland, OH. When I picked it up, I wanted a new set of full plastics, FMF silencer, Graphics / seat cover and oils / lubes. I was shocked at the store prices and I casually asked if he'd look after me with a bit of a large order / bike buyers discount. Denny looked at me like I was an idot and plainly said NO, turned his back and walked away. Didn't really faze me at the time, I bought them online at theedgesports.com and saved over $100.

The next dealing was when I needed some number plate backgrounds, I was 45 minutes drive from the shop, but didn't need them till the weekend so rang, gave them my credit card number and asked them to be posted. They put it on a 2 day UPS ship, charged me $19 for the backgrounds :scream: and $13 freight. $32 for 3 black stickers :scream: Again, called to question them, and they gave some sort of arrogant response that if I wanted to deal with "20 year experts in the KTM business" I'd have to pay!!!

However........the straw that broke the camels back was when I rode the bike for the second time, the rear spring snapped in half. It had a holoeshot sticker on it and wehen I bought the bike they proudly boasted how they'd re-sprung / revalved the suspension etc. On dissassembly / putting the stock spring back in, I noticed the old, snapped spring was about 2" shorter than the stock one and a big aluminum spacer in it's place. Thinking this was quite odd, I rang Denny to discuss, he calmly said that they'd used a Suzuki Katana Road bike spring in that shock!! Now I'm no suspension guru, but the results of a snapped spring in my hand spoke for itself.

This is a sample of my bad experience (in conjunction with nearly paying 3 times the price for jets / needles today) Moral of the story, buyer beware, shop around.

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
If anyone really needs an OCEMN needle, I have an extra one. I paid $25 CDN for it (approx $15 USD). I will mail it to you if you want to buy it.

Bud-Man

Dec 5, 2000
I bought the needle from Carb Parts for $10. Shipping was another $5-6, but I bought a lot of other jets at the time so it wasn't a large percentage. I didn't get to try the jet yet on my '01 400sx, but my freind did with his stock '01 520sx and wasn't impressed with it. We tried it in the middle clip position and both 162 and 168 main jets. He said it actually felt a little softer than the stock setup and didn't fell like experimenting with it anymore. I would have liked to try a couple of clip positions but he just wanted to ride.

As for Holeshot, they are definitely not the cheapest place in town, but they do usually have a good supply. Most of the items I've bought have been regular retail price (no discount). They aren't necessarily doing anything wrong as retail is the suggested selling price for the item, but I agree that it's a bit of a surprise when you price it at other mail-order/internet places. It could be worse.....The closest KTM dealership to me marks all their bikes and accessories up another 10-20% over suggested retail!!! Most people don't realize it until it's too late and boy are they mad. Now that is going a bit to far (IMHO).

James Dean

May 17, 2000
KTM-Lunatic

The OCEMN will not fit in your 300EXC. It is for the Thumpers and only fits the Keihin FCR carb.

In a few cases I have recommended that riders buy carb parts from Holeshot on the Holeshot message board. I didn't know there would be a 300% cost factor.:scream: As always, ask what the toal will be before you say "ship it".

Sudco is the best source: $7.75 for the FCR needles, $5 for the 2-stroke carb needles, $3.60 for main jets. 1-800-998-3529

Unfortunately, last week the OCEMN was out of stock and on backorder.

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
I usually use CPW. Sudco's web site states the only sell wholesale to dealers. I need a couple of needles for other experiments on a buddies bike. I'll try the number James posted.

Holeshot is a rip off. They pissed me off once with the shipping fee and their attitude, never again. Where do they get off charging what they do? They were selling a hardcopy of the 43mm WP fork manual (available for free online) for over $40! There are better, less arrogant experts in the KTM business to deal with. If you do mainly mail order, a good source is H&H in Georgia, nice people, helpfull, and fair pricing.

Top Bottom