Ocotillo Wells Jan. 1-4

Tree

Lifetime Sponsor
I'm planning on camping down at Ocotillo Wells again Jan. 1-4. If anyone else wants to go let me know. We are planning to go to the Hidden Valley area. :thumb:

I am off work for that time, but dont have a clue of what the wife may have planned.

I have only been to Octillo 1 time many years ago, so I will post back for directions if it looks like I can make it out for a day trip.

scar tissue

Lifetime Sponsor
I may join you again for the weekend. My son will be anzious to ride his new bike I bought him for Christmas. :thumb:

Tree

Lifetime Sponsor
Cool guys, the more the merrier. :thumb: It looks like my buddies that were out there for T-day will be going as well.

Scar-sounds like you're going to be the coolest dad around this Christmas. Which bike did you get him?

scar tissue

Lifetime Sponsor
Originally posted by Tree
Cool guys, the more the merrier. :thumb: It looks like my buddies that were out there for T-day will be going as well.

Scar-sounds like you're going to be the coolest dad around this Christmas. Which bike did you get him?
Jake would be thrilled if Nicole was going.

I bought him an 2004 Xtreme Machines 90CC 2 stroke quad from 3 Bros Racing. It had more feature than the Suzuki, came with Holeshots etc. and I got a better deal on it.

I bought Joey one of those Electric Power Wheels quads as well.

We look forward to joining you again.

Pvt Joker

Lifetime Sponsor
I'm going to try and make this one too, if you don't mind a couple of slower riders and family.

When's everybody arriving and is it relatively easy to find the group? Are there GPS coordinates?

I have the hall pass, if my health holds Ill be good to go for a day.

Pvt joker, when do you think you will go?

Which do you guys think is the best route from Yorba linda/ Santa Ana canyon,

Down the 15 and over 79 then 78

or

Via Palm Springs over 78

I am looking at a drive of over 2.5 hours. sound right??

Pvt Joker

Lifetime Sponsor
I can leave Wednesday or Thursday and we'd probably come back sometime Saturday.

I haven't been there and will definitely need directions.

i will most likely make it, my son is planing on going too, our plan is to stay the 2nd - 5th, depending on how i feel new years day(wife is demaning i have a good time new years eve) i might be out the 1st.
but first things first....... gordons this weekend! woo hoo!

Tree

Lifetime Sponsor
Hidden Valley Camp should be easy for everyone to find. It is off 78 just east of the Blue inn/cafe and north on cahuilla trail (sp?). I may head out Thurs. Jan. 1 around 10am. Look for a 32ft Winnebego superchief motorhome (light tan and brown) and a ktm 525exc (mine) and kx100 (son's). If There is a Cabanna available I'll take it, if not I plan to follow the road over the ridge (1/4mi.) and camp in the flats either to the right or left of the road.

Pvt Joker-If you go down on Weds. you'll beat me as that's New Years eve and I don't plan to go down until the following day so you'll have to tell me what vehicles to look for.

Last edited:

Pvt Joker

Lifetime Sponsor
It's looking more like Thursday for me but just as well as I don't know anything about places to stay and camp. We'll be in a white F350 and WW trailer with a couple of blue bikes and a little red one.

Are more detailed routes and directions necessary or is it really that easy to find? If so, you can call me at 909 240-7002 to discuss.

let me see if i can get this to work
[image]http://www.desertusa.com/ovr/du_trailmap.html[/image]

if not then click here for a map of the Ocotillo wells area
http://www.desertusa.com/ovr/du_trailmap.html

you can usually get maps at the Blu-Inn store for free

cell phone coverage is spotty, but here is my cell# 619-980-2087 incase you need it or cant get ahold of Duwane (Tree)

Last edited:
Actually I'm going to be out there on Friday instead of Saturday. The company we have coming into town won't be in till Friday night.