Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I'm planning on camping down at Ocotillo Wells again Jan. 1-4. If anyone else wants to go let me know. We are planning to go to the Hidden Valley area. :thumb:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I am off work for that time, but dont have a clue of what the wife may have planned.

I have only been to Octillo 1 time many years ago, so I will post back for directions if it looks like I can make it out for a day trip.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I may join you again for the weekend. My son will be anzious to ride his new bike I bought him for Christmas. :thumb:

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Cool guys, the more the merrier. :thumb: It looks like my buddies that were out there for T-day will be going as well.

Scar-sounds like you're going to be the coolest dad around this Christmas. Which bike did you get him?

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by Tree
Cool guys, the more the merrier. :thumb: It looks like my buddies that were out there for T-day will be going as well.

Scar-sounds like you're going to be the coolest dad around this Christmas. Which bike did you get him?

Jake would be thrilled if Nicole was going.

I bought him an 2004 Xtreme Machines 90CC 2 stroke quad from 3 Bros Racing. It had more feature than the Suzuki, came with Holeshots etc. and I got a better deal on it.

I bought Joey one of those Electric Power Wheels quads as well.

We look forward to joining you again.

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
I'm going to try and make this one too, if you don't mind a couple of slower riders and family.

When's everybody arriving and is it relatively easy to find the group? Are there GPS coordinates?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I have the hall pass, if my health holds Ill be good to go for a day.

Pvt joker, when do you think you will go?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Which do you guys think is the best route from Yorba linda/ Santa Ana canyon,

Down the 15 and over 79 then 78

or

Via Palm Springs over 78

I am looking at a drive of over 2.5 hours. sound right??

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
I can leave Wednesday or Thursday and we'd probably come back sometime Saturday.

I haven't been there and will definitely need directions.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
i will most likely make it, my son is planing on going too, our plan is to stay the 2nd - 5th, depending on how i feel new years day(wife is demaning i have a good time new years eve) i might be out the 1st.
but first things first....... gordons this weekend! woo hoo!

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Hidden Valley Camp should be easy for everyone to find. It is off 78 just east of the Blue inn/cafe and north on cahuilla trail (sp?). I may head out Thurs. Jan. 1 around 10am. Look for a 32ft Winnebego superchief motorhome (light tan and brown) and a ktm 525exc (mine) and kx100 (son's). If There is a Cabanna available I'll take it, if not I plan to follow the road over the ridge (1/4mi.) and camp in the flats either to the right or left of the road.

Pvt Joker-If you go down on Weds. you'll beat me as that's New Years eve and I don't plan to go down until the following day so you'll have to tell me what vehicles to look for.

Last edited:

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
It's looking more like Thursday for me but just as well as I don't know anything about places to stay and camp. We'll be in a white F350 and WW trailer with a couple of blue bikes and a little red one.

Are more detailed routes and directions necessary or is it really that easy to find? If so, you can call me at 909 240-7002 to discuss.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
let me see if i can get this to work
[image]http://www.desertusa.com/ovr/du_trailmap.html[/image]

if not then click here for a map of the Ocotillo wells area
http://www.desertusa.com/ovr/du_trailmap.html

you can usually get maps at the Blu-Inn store for free

cell phone coverage is spotty, but here is my cell# 619-980-2087 incase you need it or cant get ahold of Duwane (Tree)

Last edited:

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Hey Tree,

Not sure if we will make it for the weekend or not but I might try to come out for a day ride. Let me check with Ang to see what the plans are.

RexR

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
We'll be heading out on Sat and staying over until Sunday if the weather is good.

From OC, I'll be taking the 10 out to the 86 and down to the 78. It takes a little longer but it's flat and straight for towing. See you there.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
GPS coordinates of N 33º 08.5’ and W 116º 02.5’ (taken from a map) will bring you within .22 miles of where they staged at Hidden Vally last time.

I've already made my Ocotillo trip this year, so I won't be going again. Have fun. :thumb:

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
We're out, unfortunately. Work and a queasy, pregnant wife have conspired to keep us from camping and riding.

Hopefully we'll make the next trip. Have fun!

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I also have a hall pass. They are pretty scarce around this house. My buddy and I are planning for a day ride on Friday. Hope to see you guys.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
It looks like we'll have a pretty good turn-out through the weekend. :thumb:  I'm starting to get the motorhome packed up today and still plan to head out by 10am Jan. 1. That should put me there around noon. If anyone wants to get ahold of me now or as they arrive my cell # 619-571-6459. The reception down there is spotty but I'll try to find an area that it will work.

Top Bottom