Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Since it should start cooling down, I plan on my first desert camping/riding trip for the season on Oct 17-19. If anybody else is ready to hit the desert let me know.

I'm having minor surgery on my leg on the 3rd so I may be a little slower but the doctor said I could go with what ever I feel comfortable with. I know I'm putting the excuse out there early to avoid the humiliation. And to beat you to the punch line here it is- if he's goes any slower he'll be going backwards. :laugh:

So who's up for it? 

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
hey tree
it's a ways away but more than likely will go. now you really have an excuse it go slow..... riding with me.
just got back last night from correl canyon, weather was great, trails were good and the flys were'nt too bad, frick'n flys, hate'm, anyways had a good time.
let me know whats up closer to ride time

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Will do Steve. I just went to Corral Canyon this morning. I staged at the Pine Valley exit and rode in through the Kernan cycle trail. It makes for a pretty good loop going that way. I'll post the directions to where we will camp as it gets closer.

WhiteDiesel

Feb 20, 2003
Hey Steve,

Are you the same guy from last season with the black Dodge? Tree, I'd like to join you guys out there, if that's cool. None of my friend like to ride as much as I do, and they all live in LA. Do you guys go for long rides to different spots/sites, take long breaks, or like to find a nice little jump and keep playing in the area? Little bit of everything? I'm not fast, just bought my 1st bike in Feb. But I can keep up.

Last edited:

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
if your talking about the fat slow guy that was about to die from exhaustion that couldn't keep up out at lake silverwood, yep that would be me :)
I'm bring my daughter with her quad on this ride, so i will probably be riding with her most of the time.(hope you don't mined Tree)
i will be trying out my new (to me)toybox i just bought today woo hoo this will be a whole new experience for me, i wont have to sleep in the back of the truck and the daughter in the front.

i say the more the better, lets get a big group going

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Steve-Congrats, on the new trailer. That will be a big step up from sleeping in the back of a truck. How old is your daughter and what type of quad  does she ride? My son (13) will be there on his kx100 so I'm sure I will be heading out on a couple of slow kid type rides. But, I also plan on doing some adult rides as well.

WhiteDiesel-You are more than welcome to join us. There should be all types of rides to choice from which ever fits your style at the time.

I want to cover as much terrain as possible and check out some of the local landmarks. I have only been down there once before and that was on the south end. That time I didn't see much as my ride was cut short by some cracked ribs.

I plan on heading down on Fri. Morning. There should be a few other people I know coming along as well.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
my daughter is 14 and rides my brothers lt 125 quad, old and ugly but still gets around.
my daughter doesn't get out of school until 2:00 so i should be there around 5:00 pm
i suggest staying at Hidden Valley campground, it's less crowed and the campsites are spread out plus it's close to the Blu-Inn store/cafe. great burgers and breakfast, reasonable too.
there are allot of different ride to spots like the pumpkin patch, mud pots, artisan wells, blow sands, and of course the iron door (bar).
woo hoo this is going to be great!

the more people the better

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Sounds like we'll have a good group going. I'm also bringing along another riding buddy with me, plus my neighbor and his son (yz426, crf450) may come down for the day on Sat.

I guess Hidden Valley Camp sounds good and should be easy for everyone to find. I may head out Thurs. afternoon. Look for a 32ft Winnebego superchief motorhome (light tan and brown) and a ktm 525exc (mine), kx100 (son's), and an older (red & white) yz250 (buddies).

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I don't plan on leaving until after noon on Sun. As long as I'm still in one peice and the bike is still running. :thumb:

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
i will probably be there till noon or so sunday just depends on when everyone wants to go(brother in law and daughter)
look for my black dodge, and white curtis toybox with blue&purple stripes. hoping to out there by 5:00pm friday.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Heading out to Kennedy Meadows this weekend before it gets too cold. I figure this will be the last ride up there and can plan on doing the desert riding after that.
Tree, where exactly is Ocotillo Wells? I like trying something new and might give that a try in the future.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Ocotillo Wells is located southwest of Salton City (Salton Sea area) between 78 and S22. It looks like it will be pretty hot this weekend. In the 90's but still should be able to get in some morning and afternoon rides then maybe hang around camp during the hottest part of the day.

So what's the final role call?-

Me, my son, (heading down Thurs.) and two buddies (coming down Fri night)

KXsteve, daughter, and bro in-law

WhiteDiesel ???

lisa'sxr4 and husband???

Coming down for Sun. Morning Mike[socal] and Eddie (another riding buddy) 

Is everybody still in?

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
me and my daughter(Sarah) will be there, bro inlaw dropped out but never know may change his mind again, i will be out there friday late afternoon.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Well it was hot (around 100) but I think everyone enjoyed themselves. It was great to hook up with Steve again for some riding even though he didn't really get to unlease his bike and ride as hard as he would have liked.  He was being a great dad and keeping his daughter entertained on her quad. He would take most of the main roads and we would make our own paths through the desert and meet him at the main to the points of interest. He and his daughter were great to camp with.

We also got to meet a newbe to the board (Mike[socal]) on Sun. for a nice morning ride. He said he has only recently started riding but he did a fine job of keeping up with us. I'm sure we'll be meeting up with him for another ride soon. :thumb:

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
good company, fun time, looking forward to the next trip. holloween?? veterans?? suggestions???
oh.. my brother bought a 04 ktm 525 mxc and it's being delivered tomarrow. he's stoked

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
It was good meeting you guys. I'm definetly ready for another outing. I've been looking at new bikes recently. The 250 four strokes are looking nice. I might have a new ride the next time out.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Been a while since the Wrecking Crew had a ride. With the weather cooling off here soon, Im thinking we need a desert ride sometime in November after Elsinore.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
nov 11th is my next weekend trip, most likely going to gordons wells with friends and family.
i know my brother will be itching to go ride his new bike out at corral canyon, i'll post if i go

WhiteDiesel

Feb 20, 2003
Sorry I couldn't make it guys, we got real busy at work. I'm lookin' for a Holloween weekend at Ocotillo. I will bet it's gonna be mid 70's by then.
Can anybody make it?

Top Bottom