JeffK

Sep 9, 2001
I have a 94 KDX 250.. I'm in the process of putting it all back together (fork seals replaced.. engine rebuilt) anyway while I was putting it back together I decided to remove the odometer because the cable was broken and I really have no use for it anyhow... I removed the cable on the meter gear housing (front wheel) but now there is a big gaping hole where the cable used to fit... I don't want dirt and mud to get down into the housing for obvious reasons and I also don't want to mess up the hole in case I decide later the odometer was a good idea... any suggestions on something that will stay in place yet be removable later?

Also after I removed the odometer there is now a big empty place where it used to be... I would remove the whole bracket but I found it has two uses, one of which is to mount the front plastics.. is there an after market bracket that I can use to mount the front plastics on and remove this eyesore all together?

Thanks for any help
JeffK

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
My brother did the exact same thing to his KDX. Go to the Auto parts store. There is a car part that looks like a rubber cap. It's the perfect diameter to fit over the hole. The thing costs about a $1.50. Just slip the cap over the hole and seal it will a little silicone seal. Then, you don't have to wory about mud or water, and you can still take the thing off and put a new cable on if you decide to do so later.

Sorry that I don't know what these little rubber caps are called, but at least you know that they exist and that you should be able to get them from an auto-parts store.

Good luck.

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
I put a mx number plate on mine and removed the odometer. It looks great; you just need shorter bolts in the bar clamps where the odo. used to be.;)

JeffK

Sep 9, 2001
Thanks for the info guys that Ty Davis site has alot of cool stuff... I will end up going to the auto parts store and finding something that will be of use I just thought maybe someone had done it and had an exact part so I didn't have to search so hard... I'm very lazy... As for the mx # plate I leave the headlight unplugged until the sport bike races come through Atlanta, then I hook it back up because they let you ride your bike around the track's infield as long as it has lights... makes it alot easier to get from one side of the track to the other when the race starts up...

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
So......

Which one of you nice guys wants to sell their odo cheap to someone that LIKES the one they've got??

I've smashed 'em to smithereens before, will probably do it again.

Yeah...a Panoram computer is cute...but the OEM odo is just fine!

Well? How much?? Offers to:

ccmaint@cdsnet.net

(that's 'legal', ain't it?)

flyinfish

Apr 27, 2001
I left the bracket on and use it to velcro my tool bag in there. I have an acerbis front plate with light that doesn't mount to the bracket in case you want to get rid of it. That way you could still have the light. Looks better than the stocker in my opinion.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom