OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Just a few Q's from an old polock.
Are spark arrestors mandatory at DW02?
(This is a mute question for me as i just ruined my homemade hi-po muffler :ugg: and had to put another stocker back on.)
but i'm sure others might want to know.

Also not important to me, but maybe of concern to others.
What altitude is Cooperland?
Some high desert, and sea level people might want to bring the right jetting along.

The last one is importatnt to us old fat guys.......
Are there facilities (ie: restrooms, showers, you know a place to do the 3 S's) at Cooperland?
I am torn between getting a room, and saving a few bucks and roughing it at the track area.
Enquiring minds want to know................. :confused:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
We no have to have spark arrestors here my friend. That I do know.

The altitude here isnt high at all. I cant remember the exact figure but it was posted about a month ago in this forum.

As for the potty, Im sure theres a place to do the 1st S, but I think BSWIFT is bringing portable showers. :)

And its vacation!! Who shaves on vacation?!?!

PS Heres a link to the weather in Stillwater when we are gonna be there.

http://www.weather.com/weather/climatology/daily/USOK0507?climoMonth=10

Heres the altitude: Stillwater is located in north central Oklahoma, 60 miles northeast of Oklahoma City and 60 miles west of Tulsa, near the geographic center of the continental U.S. The topography consists of gently rolling interspersed prairies and woodlands with moderate slopes, at an elevation of 984 feet above sea level. The city is located at the intersection of U.S. Highway 177, North and South, and State Highway 51, East and West.

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
670' ASL, give or take 300'.;)

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
984!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I wouldn't know proper jetting from a hole in my. . .uh, hat. To me, "crisp" is what toast is when it comes out of the toaster. Plug reading? Does it really make a difference if the plug color is ecru versus mocha? Besides, I kinda like it when i grab a handful of throttle and my bike falls on its face. . .reminds me of a Chebby van I had with a Quadra-Bog carb on it.

What I'm really concerned about is having an appropriate Oklahoma wardrobe. What should i bring? One of everything? Fur-lined shorts? A parka? Fish net shirts? I've never experienced OK in Oct, so I need some guidance.

Please keep the tutu jokes to a minimum. :silly:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
984 does sound a little high, though it wouldn't matter for jetting purposes. i'm at 633 and i'd be surprised if stillwater was 350 feet higher.

i just checked my atlas and it says 913, so i guess it is alot higher.

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
JP, Id bring some sweats and possibly, and I say POSSIBLY, some long undies. Id bring some gloves and a knit cap, and some thick socks. Definitly bring a jacket and maybe a coat. :) It has been known to get super cold and snow here in Oct, but not very often. Its been unseasonably warm the last few Oct's.

Keep in mind, the wind blows strong and often here too. The wind chill is always worse than the temp.

The link up there has the average highs and lows for the month. ( High:Mid 70's Low: Low 50's.

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Oh. And if your face isnt used to cold wind, bring some ChapStick along. :)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
JP, the suggested long undies are supposed to go on the INSIDE!

I haven't been to OK either...
Do I have to worry about any "nervous sheep" nosing around my campsite when I am not lookin'?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Milk
JP, Id bring some sweats and possibly, and I say POSSIBLY, some long undies. Id bring some gloves and a knit cap, and some thick socks. Definitly bring a jacket and maybe a coat

milk, did you recently move here from the deep south? i don't even wear that stuff in the middle of winter. october weather here is wonderful. i plan on wearing shorts...

i guess it's good to be prepared but you might be scaring some of them.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by motometal

Do I have to worry about any "nervous sheep" nosing around my campsite when I am not lookin'?

hmmm...must be an iowa thing. ;)

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Yeah! Oklahoma is cattle country! Mooo! Bessie! C'mon cow! Sheep...? What the hell is wrong with you people? :scream: That's just ain't right! ;) First week in Oct. a year ago the temperature was in the low 80's during the day and ranged from the mid 40's to the low 50's at night. Days just right for racing, nights just right for cows... er, campfires! Mooo! :confused:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Thanks! I was beginning to wonder if we were talking about the same Oklahoma! Yes, Milk is right, it COULD do anything, but should be perfect :)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Should be perfect for people that are used to cooler weather. I have Cali friends that have come here and frozen when its 70 in the day with wind and then at night, you'd think they were frozen. I guess 50's for some is super cold.

I didnt mean to scare anyone at all, and the weather will be beautiful. In case its not, Id have that crap with me. I live close and have some warmer clothes, but not enough for all of DW. :)

Oh and Jay, I have lived here all of my 27 years. :) But I know it has the chance of being cold and want the warmer climate peeps to at least be forewarned. :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
ROAMING SHEEP! WHAT THE HECK! Come on guys, knock it off. Is this Oklahoma in the U.S. or near the serenghetti!:scream:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I was wondering why someone had velcro gloves? Is that to hold onto the aforementioned sheep and cattle? "honestly, officer: I was trying to HELP the sheep over the fence."

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Ahhh, Okie, According to the sign up sheet you will have 9 sets of rear view mirrors there :scream:

:) :) :)

Have fun explaining those gloves fellahs! :thumb:

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Of course, October is the peak of the TORNADO season.... :scream: (just kiddin')

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
On top of the local wildlife, I have to look to the skies TOO! :scream:

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Nah... with a tornado, the skies come down to you! Don't worry, tornadoes are something we like to kid you out-of-state folks about. Wrong time of year (usually), highly unlikely (but possible), nothin' to worry about (sleep next to your weather radio). Ha! :p

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:):):) Got to watch what you say around here!!

Top Bottom