braulsy

Jan 14, 2004
just finished the top end on my 97 kx250, started break in, has a bog right off idle. its about 30 degrees,, i have 170 main jet, air screw 1.1/4 out 32.1 yamalube 2R, i know its rich cause its spooging. i'm new to 2 strokes, i went through some old forums, and cant figure out how to adjust the clip position. if someone could give me a starting point that would be great. i have a pro circuit pipe and silencer, delta v-force, reed valve. Thanks much!!

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
Since you asked for info on "how" to change clip position...

Check out Canadian Dave's "Just KDX" web site (//justkdx.dirtrider.net) and in the Tech Tips section, click on the Carb Tuning section. There is a picture that shows how to do this...

I presume your carburetor is similar to the Keihin on my KDX200...

Basically...
1) Loosen the two carb clamps and rotate the carb towards you.
2) Unscrew and pull out the black cap at the top of the carb.
This contains the end of the throttle cable, the throttle spring and slide.
3) While holding the spring up into the cap (a hemostat is good for this, you can get them in the fishing dept of Wal-Mart), use a socket to loosen the bolt that holds the cable in the slide.
4) Once the bolt is out, turn the slide upside down and the needle will fall in your hands.
5) You should then remove the clip and move it up the needle to lean it out, move it down the needle to richen it up.
6) Reverse this procedure to put it back together.

Sorry if you already knew this, maybe I just didn't understand the question... Hope this helps!

braulsy

Jan 14, 2004
now the pilotjet if i'moff on that i can play with the air screw,to find out wheater i need to go bigger, or smaller? the further you turn the screw out,the leaner it gets? thus needing a smaller pilot? thanks for any help

braulsy

Jan 14, 2004
braulsy said:
now the pilotjet if i'moff on that i can play with the air screw,to find out wheater i need to go bigger, or smaller? the further you turn the screw out,the leaner it gets? thus needing a smaller pilot? thanks for any help

slingin dirt

Aug 23, 2003
braulsy said:
just finished the top end on my 97 kx250, started break in, has a bog right off idle. its about 30 degrees,, i have 170 main jet, air screw 1.1/4 out 32.1 yamalube 2R, i know its rich cause its spooging. i'm new to 2 strokes, i went through some old forums, and cant figure out how to adjust the clip position. if someone could give me a starting point that would be great. i have a pro circuit pipe and silencer, delta v-force, reed valve. Thanks much!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom