Off road racing association alignment with the AMA

Bruce McCrary

Nov 10, 1999
I am a member and on the board of directors of the North Carlina Hare Scrambles Association.

The NCHSA ( http://www.nchsa.org ) is a non-profit hare scrambles racing association that holds a 16 race series throughout the state of North Carolina.

Currently we have no association with the AMA. I'd like to find out and discuss what would be involved in getting aligned with the AMA, and how doing so would benifit our members, promoters and the association in general.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

------------------
Bruce McCrary  
Lexington, NC.
NCHSA #765  Sr. B
'99 KTM 300
Team Twinkie - Phat Boyz Dirt Bike Club

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Bruce , Call 1-800-ama-join and ask to talk with Bill Amick or Hugh Fleming. Best to call during middle of the week.
The benefits from being involved with the AMA are many, the most important is National recognition.
Look at any publications and see how non AMA events get covered compared to AMA events.
The insurance available to clubs / promoters are designed to cover motorcycle events, not a one size fits all coverage packages.
Since you are heavily involved with being a volunteer just keep that in mind--most of the AMA is made up of volunteers also.
Folks think that by getting involved with the AMA means they can sit back and let the AMA do everything. The AMA is a tool that will give your program credibility and leverage---when used properly.
Below my signature is the web page link , you can go there and find e-mail addresses and make your contact that way.
Let me know if I can help in any other way.

------------------

Ken & Diane James
AMA Field Reps #869
If you don't--Who will?
AMA-Cycle.Org

Bruce McCrary

Nov 10, 1999
Ken,

Thanks for your reply and help.

I'll make contact as you suggested. Then if I have any other questions or issues I'll give you a call.

Thanks again.

------------------
Bruce McCrary  
Lexington, NC.
NCHSA #765  Sr. B
'99 KTM 300
Team Twinkie - Phat Boyz Dirt Bike Club

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Bruce ,
I went ahead and sent them a message to give them a heads up to expect contact from you.
Below is a copy with their e-mail address.
What ever works best for you, a phone call or e-mail.
Ken James

----- Original Message -----
To: bamick@ama-cycle.org ; hfleming@ama-cycle.org ; ransel@ama-cycle.org
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2000 12:11 AM
Subject: NC Hare Scrambles series

Gentlemen,
Here is a thread from a group in N.Carolina that is interested in becoming affiliated with the AMA. You can see my recommendations that I made to him.
http://dirtrider.net/ubb2/Forum27/HTML/000102.html

Thank You
Ken James
AMA Field Rep #869

Top Bottom