Off-Road riding class Downieville CA 8-4-01

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
The next riding class will be on Saturday, August 4th. The class is intended for riders who like to ride dificult trails and would like to improve ones riding skills. The trails are challenging and you will encounter rocks, switchbacks, extremely steep side hill trails and much more. :p The area is very beautiful and has become a popular destination for Mountian bikers. The famous Downieville Downhill Mountian Bike races will be the following weekend.

The class will begin at 9:00am, the cost is $75.00. Former Pro Moto-Crosser, Mike Pascrella will be assisting. Mike also does MX schools if your interested, let me know. We will be out all day and you will need to carry some snacks and plenty of water. The class is limited to ten riders. When I receive your entry, I will Email directions to you. The elevation is from 3000' to 7000'.

Mail your entry to;
Dave Wood
PO Box 815
Chicago Park, CA 95712-0815
530-272-2619
dwoodcre@aol.com
Please include your:
Name
address
phone
email
bike
skill level, AA, A, B or C rider.

I will be leaving for Idaho on 7-13-01 and returning on 7-23-01. I will be unavailable to respond until 7-24-01. ;)

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
Just returned from eight days of trail riding in Idaho. Logged just over 800 miles of trails. On day 7, did a 200 mile ride from Baumgartner over to a lookout East of Stanley. I suffered through this week of non-stop riding on our Nations finest riding trails, in order to sharping my riding skills for the upcoming riding class. Staying focused is quite a challenge when the scenery is simply stunning. The guys who maintain the trails do a great job of reminding one that you should stop and look, rather than trying to look and ride, by placing rocks and logs in strategic locations so sight seers go home with reminders of the great time they had in Idaho, broken or bruised feet and toes. Fortunately, I passed this skill test and will be at Downieville with my feet and toes intact. There are only four spots left for the class, so contact me ASAP if your planning to attend.

Dave Wood

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Dave, I signed up for your class, and am trying to get a friend to go as well. One question, I have a somewhat used 756 on the rear, and hadn't planned on changing it. Should I?

Thanks.

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
Your 756 should work fine. The trails range from granite rocks, to hardpack, to decomposed granite. Elevation is 4000' to 7000'.

I am looking forward to riding with you.

Dave Wood

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
There are only two spots left, for the August 4th class, at Downieville. Remember its cooler in the Sierras. Due to snow, one can only ride during the summer. Many of you flat landers park your bikes in the summer because it is "to HOT to ride" and miss out on the best riding spots. This is a great opportunity to get ready for the upcoming D36 Enduros and Cross Countrys in October and November. You have always wanted to check out new riding areas, join Mike and I, Saturday August 4th. Lots of one on one instruction. Stay over and join me for a trail ride on Sunday August 5th. Be sure to RSVP, no post entries. Class is limited.

Dave Wood

Top Bottom