capt hookleg

May 30, 2001
Any one out there tried a 22 degree off set for their yz? Tag offers them. Does it make a difference in the way it turns. Any input would be appreciated.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Dirt Bike talked about them during the 97 years.

Applied made them with 2mm less offset than stock. The reports made the clamps sound really nice under all conditions. I would love to try a set, but I no longer see them advertised.

It was kind of funny on the pricing. The complete set sold for 247.00! How w=nice would that be.

capt hookleg

May 30, 2001
Tag manufacturing makes the 22 degree offset with the steering stem and bottom bearing included. The suggested list is $349. But with a little searching, I believe you might be able to get them for around 300.

capt hookleg

May 30, 2001
Rcannon,
I saw them at my dealer's in a older catalog that he had. I just check tag metals web site, and you are right, they don't list them. I did find on a website offset triple clamps that the offset is changable with different inserts.
the website is www.qualitysmart.com sorry about the misinformation.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
No big deal. I rode a friends RM 250 today and really liked the way it turned. This sounds like a way to mike mine similar for not a lot of money.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Capn, you sound like you know your clamps. Have you ever tried these on a YZ. I swear, I am about one instant from calling tag with my credit card.

capt hookleg

May 30, 2001
My goal in changing the triple clamps is to get my 99 yz250 to turn as well as my son 02 yz250f. My 99 seems like it is a little longer, and I think that it will help it on the inside lines. I put a longer 03 shock on my bike, after my linkage broke snapping the shock in two. It seemed to help it turn better. Also the addition of high speed adjuster on the shock is nice to adjust the amount of squat under acceleration. I am going to ask my dealer if he can still get the tag triple clamps listed in his catalog. If you contact tag, and they still make them, please post it. I will post if he can still get them. Also he will give me a decent discount. I will post the price for you if he can get them.

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
The RG3 upper clamp is 280 and the lower 200.
4 stroke owners don't bat an eye at spending well over that on an exhaust system. At least a pipe for a ring ding is a measily 175-200 bucks.

Top Bottom