fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I have already received some pre-entries for this event. The deadline to pre-enter will be next Wednesday, May 13th. Everyone is still required to sign the waivers, but pre entry allows you to pay your entry early and request a row assignment.

We did some work on the trail this weekend. With the NEW location there will be some NEW trail AND a NEW FORMAT. The loop is not long enough to follow standard enduro rules for distance between checks. There will be secret and observation checks along the course, but there will not be three miles in between.

We will have multiple loops at different speeds. Another change for this event is that the short course riders (classes A, B, and C) will have a later start/key time. The other classes will ride the course first and make it easier for the younger riders to follow the trail.

I think this location will be the most spectator friendly event on our schedule. Many spots are within walking distance. No vehicle parking will be allowed in the gas stop area and the bikes are not allowed to leave the area. To be safe, we do not want people riding around the parking and camping area during the event.

Ogemaw Sport and Trail has some camping spots available for a $20 per night fee. Campers will have access to power and water. If you do not plan to camp at OS&T, please do NOT drive a motorhome to the event as it will limit our event parking.

If you do not plan to ride, but would like to help out please let me know. We can always use help with sign up and check crews.

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
There is no sunday race that weekend.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
fatherandson said:
Ogemaw Sport and Trail has some camping spots available for a $20 per night fee. Campers will have access to power and water. If you do not plan to camp at OS&T, please do drive a motorhome to the event as it will limit our event parking.
You want me to drive my motorhome there to limit parking?

I am confused. It must be the teacher in me. :laugh:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
WomanRider said:
You want me to drive my motorhome there to limit parking?

I am confused. It must be the teacher in me. :laugh:

yeah, there is something in you...dont know what though.

I am quite sure he MEANT to say Please DO NOT drive a motorhome if not camping.

This will be a fun and unique format for an FES event. There is some sweet event trail to ride.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Still trying to determine how many laps.

This park has a kiddie track and a MX track that will not be used by FES. If anyone did not get enough riding after this event, I am sure we will enjoy watching them show us their track skills.

I did get your pre-entry - THANKS!!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mike - looks like the boys and I can help out the day of the event.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I hate to even forecast the weather after my experience at Kalkaska. However, weather.com say cloudy and sixty - no rain. Sounds like a great weekend for riding and planting trees.
We are planning to meet at the St. Helens staging area to plant trees on Sunday. More info to follow.

If you are interested in helping on this event, let me know. We always find volunteers on Saturday morning, but it makes it easier to plan if I know in advance.

See you on Saturday!!

Mike

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mike
I have Denny, Grant, Myself and I left Message with the Lamee's about a check crew for Sat.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
fatherandson said:
IWe are planning to meet at the St. Helens staging area to plant trees on Sunday. More info to follow.

If you are interested in helping on this event, let me know. We always find volunteers on Saturday morning, but it makes it easier to plan if I know in advance.

See you on Saturday!!

Mike

I just confirmed with the DNR that we are meeting at the St. Helens Motorsports Park lot. This location provides plenty of parking and we can commute to the planting areas.
I hope we have a lot of people and we should be done by noon.

Mike

Top Bottom