sentrek

Oct 4, 2008
If this question has been asked before i apologize but what is the stock rear rim size on a 2001 CR125? The reason i ask is because i received a bunch of new parts for my bike for xmas, 1 of which was a new rear tire. After i waited a week for my tire irons to arrive so i could get the tire off, which must have been the original becuase it was seriously bonded to the rim, it was the most ridiculous thing i have dealt with in a long time, anyway, after busting my knuckels open on the rear sprocket and finally getting the tire off i went to put the new one on and realized i have a new 18" tire but a 19" rim. Did they send the wrong tire or does the stock bike have an 18" rim? Maybe that is why it seems to be so tall? I dont know. The tire was a gift and ordered by year and model and not by size.

Thanks for any info in advance.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Next time, try to keep the sprocket side down. The only time you should have the sprocket side up is breaking the bead. Removal, stay away. Hitting the brake rotor is a lot more forgiving!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
"They" only sent the wrong size if you ordered a 19", if you ordered a 18" then they sent the correct size (that you ordered) but not the size to fit the 19" rim, but I bet you figured that out already.

Helpful tips:
-Sprocket side goes down until you like handburgers.
-Make sure to use the drop center to your advantage.
-Warm up the tire in the house if it's cold out or outside if it's summer here in Texas.
-DO NOT use any kind of petrolium product you "help" slip a new tire on the rim.

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
A little dish soap goes a long way also.

sentrek

Oct 4, 2008
yeah, i actually used a bunch of wd-40 to help get the tire off... it was crazy.... i had to pound the tire irons in between the tire and the rim with a hammer, i dont what the deal was but it was almost as if the tire was glued on.... i have changed tires before but never had any trouble like this one...

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
An hydraulic press and wood blocking, you could probably use a big clamp or vice. I kind of remember stories of old, about driving over the tire with your truck to break the bead. Ride on the flat when you need to, it would break loose.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom