OH/KY/IN Anyone have info. on these places?

tmoney

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2002
I have been working on a list of places to ride within driving distance to Cincinatti (Track or trails). There are some places that I have found on the net on various sites but don't have info if they are still open/phone number/location etc...Anyone out there know? Thanks.

Delaware Motocross Track, Delaware OH
Sugar Grove Track, Sugar Grove OH
Treaty City, Greenville OH
Happy Hollow, Hillsboro OH
Lucasville MX, Lucasville OH
CK1 Motosports, Sydney (Troy) OH
Capital City MC, Orient OH
Fordres, Powell OH
Kawasaki Hills, Grove City OH
Marysville MX, Marysville OH
Loc 8, Nicholasville KY
Earlywines, Mays Lick KY
Bowens Trails, Lawrenceburg KY
Stump Cave, Clay City KY

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
You can probably make it to haspin acres(laurel,IN, 60 miles)in less than an hour... It has an MX track and a smaller SX style MX track and a whole bunch of trails(over 100 miles!). I havn't been there yet, but I will go when it warms up.
http://www.haspinacres.com/

Ohh, land between the lakes in KY is 300 miles away & they have a ton of trails/steep hills (about 100 miles of trails)! It's a good ways from you, but well worth the trip! We're having a get together down there april 18-20 if you wanna come.
www.lbl.com

have fun
Tom

BTW - You want to go do some riding at haspin acres sometime (first weekend it reaches 50)?

Last edited:

tmoney

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2002
Sorry for the confusion folks,,,The places I listed above are only places I don't know about. Its not a list for all places. I was hoping anyone might have info on these places. I have a list of over 150 places to ride that is within 4 hours of Cincinnati in all directions. I am hoping to post it to this forum so we can keep it updated regularly with the right information. There are too many sites out there that are outdated or don't have certain places listed at all. Typicaly I don't like to go more than 2 hours away. The places I called out about are within this distance but I don't know anything about them.

thanks for the replies.

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
1. Goto them & check them out.
2. Do an "extinsive report" on them from your personal view.
3. Become a STM.
4. Create a webpage with all the places to ride and your report on them.
5. Post the URL here!

Have you been to laurel?

danielst

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 20, 2002
I took a trip to Haspin with a buddy to do some riding last fall. There were a lot of trails but they were all pretty wide, very rutted and very hard. The MX tracks were not very good. One is blue groove all the way around with only smallish single jumps. The other has a few small doubles and one decent double but is narrow and not maintained. The place was overrun with guys on quads wearing backwords hats and t-shirts as riding gear who thought they were the fastest thing to ever straddle a quad... it was laughable. It was about a 2 1/2 hour trip for us and I doubt we will be making that trip again.

If you like to ride MX tracks, check out http://www.wildwilderness.com, not sure when the open practices will be this year but it is a very fun MX track with good elevation changes and good SX style jumps. I'm pretty much just a Harescramble/Enduro guy but even I have fun there.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by limitless
Ohh, land between the lakes in KY is 300 miles away & they have a ton of trails/steep hills (about 100 miles of trails)! It's a good ways from you, but well worth the trip! We're having a get together down there april 18-20 if you wanna come.
www.lbl.com

Limitless, how many guys you bringing?  I'm sure we'll be there that weekend.  We're usually there any Sat. that is decent enough for riding.  We're going to plan a big DRN spring ride at LBL.  It will either be in March or mid-late April.  You don't want to miss that ride!  The fall ride was a blast!

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Cal - That was my plan to get a big drn ride going down there, but noone responded. My guess is more people will be interested when it gets closer..... We're hoping to get at least 30 riders to come for the weekend.

Maybe we can make this a joint effort? My buddy is talking to a lot of people on thumpertalk.com who are interested + our normal riding group.

It should be fun, I can't wait!

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Where did you get this list from ? I don't know of any tracks in Grove City, Delaware,Powell or marysville.

mote572

Sep 20, 2001
I'll be staying in Cincinnati over Easter weekend and thought I might take my bike along with me. Can anyone suggest a place to ride within 80 miles of Cincinnati that has trails. I ride mostly hare scarmbles and enduro's. There has to be some good trails in Ohio (home of KTM usa)! Right! Thanks for any help.

DEA

Jul 11, 2001
Happy Hollow and Sugar Grove are still open? The last time I was at these tracks' was in 1981. especially remember Happy(misery) Hollow thats where I tore my knee up

tmoney

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2002
Found info spread out over the net. Found out that Anthonys track in Powell is closed, Marysville apparently has trails behind the Marysville Estate Trailer Park, don't know how old this info is.,

bh

Nov 26, 2001
I've never been to Happy Hollow but I drive by some and it is still open. I don't know about hours or anything.

M

monkeyman_fire

places to ride

Happy Hollow Hillsboro OH: Located on SR 41 about 3 miles north of Sinking Spring OH on the left. I do believe this is a seasonal track. They have a track and trails. The track is decent, nothing special, but still fun. The trails are all uphill/downhill. Could be scary for a beginner. But also a good place to learn. Phone no. (937) 588-2164.

One place that I didn't see on your list, Big Rock ATV and Dirtbike Park in Maysville KY. They have a website www.BigRockATVPark.com. Went there yesterday. Absolutely had a blast!! 2000 acres of nothing but trails. You can stay on top and do very little climbing or go down into the woods and go for some tough stuff. Great for a beginner and an advanced rider. Ride all day and not be on the same trail twice. Found some real big mud holes to play in and a few jumps but no structured track.

Top Bottom