UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
HaHa, the Loose Moose is back again!
Of course you all know it'll be on June 12th this year, with the Mini Moose on June 11th.
Mini Moose should be just awesome again this year with trailbosses Scott and Harry putting the trail together as they have for the past several years. They sure enjoy seeing the happy faces at the Mini Moose!
The Loose Moose has a new trailboss this year. Since there were mixed reviews about last years course, Jack has taken charge of this years trail. He laid it out for us grunts at the meeting Monday... the trail will be about having a great ride, and won't be as technical as last year.
Soooo --> No rocks this year for the C Riders. No big old mudhole for anyone. Lots of primo woods riding for everyone!
Our website is seriously challenged right now -- we don't have anyone to update it -- so please keep tabs on MidwestEnduros.com for updates, etc.
Hope to see you in da UP in June!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
You think Azzhole Nick could lay out another section for Mastin & I to continue on after the last check? Just so we don't have to stop by Wolverine on the way home again to get some more riding in.... :ride:

By the way you and Azzhole wanta ride on min #1 with me again?....Wouldn't mind tossing some dirt in that old mans eyes. :boss:

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
:boss: Just let me make it clear. can we say UPPEG short for Upper Penninsula Pussifacation Enduro Group. I was hopeing Cheapazz gobucks would get to carry his huckaberg for a ways. Sorry AZZhole but I'll be working it I know you have a hard time getting your arms around that concept. The sandstormers have been busy, Bass lake trail is primo now cleaned and fun we will be doing Moss lake this weekend and that will be good to.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Well ok then Azzhole...What are you going to cook up for dinner???....By the way I hear your into jet sking now - Are you making new friends?

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fish and a salad. Ya blow bucks is going with. He will want cookies and more cookies for dinner :nod:

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
:cool: Your on you bring the cake and I'll do some fresh lake superior lake trout with some pasta. You'll need it for the mighty UPPEG. Make sure Cheapazz doesnt eat all the cake.You know he'll try. Takes lots of cals for the huckaberg

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Bucks will be riding double on the USS Enterprise Tuna Boat Burg - Just in case he dumps it or gets stuck! :)

PS. I'll slap a little Vick's under his nose so he won't sniff out the F'n cake.

GOBUCKS

Mar 12, 2008
sounds like to me azznuts laying out another trail ride... azznuts you better have A LOT of cookies or i wont make the 9 hour drive. Better yet i could drive 4 hours to southern ohio and ride where to "real" tough guys are! who knows maybe i will stop at the bridge and lay by the beach with my Huckaberg. Heck i probably break a better sweat doing that then racing on sunday!!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
:laugh: How true it is Go Bucks! Stirring the pot with No#1 Azzhole won't work as he is seasoned, just like Opra's azz is to a bucket of fried chicken!! You need to mash a sweet roll in his face and take a canoe paddle to his big azz to get his attention! :boss:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Joe Mapes told me he called and it is restart.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
HaHa, you guys are in for a treat!
Probably the most rideable LM we've EVER put on! And yes it'll be Restart format.
No rocks for C riders (and I'm serious about that!). All trail and woods riding for the C and B riders!
And A Riders will get to have some fun on the Mountain ;)
Gas stop will be back at staging, with a remote gas available for A Riders (if you can go 30-35 miles on a tank, you won't need the gas available).
Weather is looking good, too!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I had a lot of fun Sunday.

I rode with Shipwreck on row 10 and we were together all day until he went off to the "A" loop. It was a blast! I thought all the trail was excellent-just primo singletrack and fun stuff through the piney twistys-what a blast. I told Jack Drummond nice job as trail boss. Everyone I talked to that rode it liked the event. I heard several comments at restarts that if it was like this every year they would come back and especially from the first time riders that went up there this time. So in MY opinion great job Sandstormers! Thanks for a GREAT TIME riding my dirt bike. :cool:

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Thanks Everyone!

Thanks to all that made the trek up to da UP, eh!

Conditions for the MiniMoose were about as good as it can get! Nice moist loamy dirt, and super fun trail!

The Loose Moose had just a gorgeous day! Like I said, this would probably be one of the most fun LM events EVER. By the smiles I saw, I'm pretty sure it was a good ride. Unbelievably, our finish rate was like 95+%!

I need to mention a couple of things:
1) D14 is super fortunate to have Bill Smith. He Not only keeps us all up to date with the email blasts and the website, but his work to keep the points and scoring program going is tremendous. He called us several times on his way to the event, helped us when he arrived, rode the event, then helped us again after the event. I'm buyng him a shirt with a huge "S" on the chest as I'm pretty sure he is Superman.
2) Sorry Duane. And thanks for understanding.
3)Cody, I apologize, I was checking the wrong backup book (we had two final checks - one for the B and one for the A). I found you, and it's correct.
4) Huge THANKS to the Sandstormers, their freinds and their families for all their help and hard work to make these events such a great success!

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Magoo

Tell Jack I am sorry for dipping into his beer cooler, I was led to believe it was Shipwrecks cooler and not his and he owed me a few for making him work his azz off on the trail we were pushing/pulling each other all day-it was epic.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
The only thing better than riding Sunday... I got to ride Saturday too. What a great weekend of riding in Marquette. Trails were awesome. Thank you Sandstormers.

bk232

Feb 23, 2010
UP Magoo said:
Thanks to all that made the trek up to da UP, eh!

I need to mention a couple of things:
1) D14 is super fortunate to have Bill Smith. He Not only keeps us all up to date with the email blasts and the website, but his work to keep the points and scoring program going is tremendous. He called us several times on his way to the event, helped us when he arrived, rode the event, then helped us again after the event. I'm buyng him a shirt with a huge "S" on the chest as I'm pretty sure he is Superman.

I agree. Thanks for staying on top of things.

Does D15 have a points keeper??

Top Bottom