bte

~SPONSOR~
May 1, 2001
I have a question for anyone that may know the answer.

I have just pic up a GG which has a Ohlins shock. The shock was revalved by the last owner. After taking the first ride on the bike, it was to stiff for my riding. One part of the stiffness is the springs are to heavy for my weight and I have the correct springs coming. This may correct the problem. If it doesn't I thought I would revalve it myself.

I have revalved most of my past shocks (sachs, showa).
Now here is the question.
Since I had the shock off to replace the spring I decided to check out the the shock. At the bottom of the reservoir, I removed a screw. I thought that there would be a self-sealing needle valve under that but there isn't (I assume there should be). Am I over looking something. I have not worked on a Ohlins before, so I maybe looking for something that is not there. Maybe the bottom cap has to come off before I can see the valve.
If someone could point me in the right direction for removing the nitrogen, or any other helpful tips on working with the Ohlins it would be very helpfull.

Thanks for any help.
brown

bte

~SPONSOR~
May 1, 2001
That is was I thought and I do have one (a needle) to use. But, I thought that the valve (place to put the needle) would have been under the screw I removed. But I dont see anything other than what looks like the side of a bladder (smooth). I wouldn't think you would just pierce the needle anywhere. I thought I would have seen a self-sealing valve, much like you would see on a football, basketball, ect... Am I wrong?

Thanks
brown

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
No its just like a rubber grommet-the needle passes right through it, i actually use a green hyperdermic needle a doc would use to take blood-you dont want a bigger type one.

Top Bottom