RM250boy

Mar 7, 2001
Just trying to get some info from the local folk. Try and say as much about your plans for the whole DirtWeek campout as you can! :D

I am off work from wednesday the 19th through sunday the 23rd. Trying to decide if I should leave Tuesday night after work or Wednesday morning early. As of now I am going by myself. I will be in the slums with my little 2 man dome tent. Probably leave Sunday but thats flexible. I figure there should at least be a little caravan or maybe join up with some of you other riders. CANT WAIT! :eek:

Last edited:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
hey john,
el pres and myself are planning on being out there thursday night, we'll also be roughing it in the slums. We're going to be leaving sunday sometime, might stay to watch some MX so it's up in the air right now. We'll look for ya after we arrive.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Rich and I are leaving Thursday. I'm now planning on taking Thursday off and trying to get there before the 4:30 poker run. I have to talk with Rich though. I'm trying to get my buddy Joe to come with me. He went last year. He's supposed to be picking up a new Cannondale MX bike this week. Rich and I will probably follow each other down. I plan on sponging off of DRZ's trailer and shower system. I'll probably sleap under the EZ-up again like last year. I May have to crawl into the trailer if it's raining. Sleaping in a trailer with Tim is definitely a LAST resort. ;) I know Slowpoke Dennis is going too. I think he's going Wednesday. I'll either roll out Saturday night on Sunday morning depending on how tired I am. Most likely Saturday night. It's a pretty easy drive RM. Give me a call if you have any questions or anything. I think you have my number. If not just E-mail me.

Won't be long now!

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I'm leaving after work Tues morning. Right now the plan is to bring the camper. I'm thinking about just brining a small tent.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I'll be camping in my genuine U.S. Army issue pup tent. If it's not raining and the weather is acceptable I'm just going to back the mazduh up close to a tree and string a hammock from the ball hitch to the tree, voila instant campground ;)

Firemedic530

Nov 12, 2000
I am leaving sometime Wednesday, probably early afternoon. I will have Randall with me so the truck is full. We should have Randall's YZ and XR100 plus the Z. I am planning on taking a hot water pressure washer to provide instant hot water for any that need it. I will have 65 gallons in the truck plus 35 gallons in the trailerfor showers/ bike wash. Bill, you should be safe in the trailer, I will be using the hammock and you and Randy can share the floor:eek: . I will be staying till Saturday after the last event, then lead footing it back home to pick up the kids from my in-laws. Tim

RM250boy

Mar 7, 2001
Thanks for all the replys guys! Too bad it's looking like everyone has a different plan for when they're heading out... no biggie! we are gonna have one hell of a time!!!

Be sure to post any changes, updates, questions or concerns! :cool:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
my concern is that I'm going to look like a spode in the headlight class MX event :confused:

dkb

Sponsoring Member
Apr 6, 2000
Go bucks! I'm leaving on Tuesday. I will also be a part of the tent trash:) I will stay till Sunday if I'm still in one piece. Its getting close enuogh that I'm starting to get nervous:eek:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I know what you're sayin dkb, I'm getting a little anxious myself.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Cool! I am sure it will be a blast.

I wanted to see about the people who are planning on staying in a hotel/motel. Where do you keep your bikes? We don't have an enclosed trailer and don't want to leave them outside overnight. I doubt the hotel will want us wheeling our bikes into a room. Is there a place at Dirtweek we can chain our bikes up? I would feel much better leaving my bike where there will be people around. I thought about camping there, I have a 12 man tent, but I also like the idea of a bed and hot shower. =) At least the shower. Maybe some people will want to chip in for a room to use the shower?

Anyone have any ideas about where to keep the bikes?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Most don't even bother to chain them up... it's out in the boonies, with a 100+ dirtbikers around ... someone whould have to be pretty brave to venture intro that group to steal a bike, lol.

dhoward

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2000
Didn't even think of chaining the bikes up.
I was a little concerned leaving all of my beer between SPD and Shaw520 though.....
:think

RM250boy

Mar 7, 2001
official departure

well finally figured out that i will be traveling with "Someone" and we will be leaving around 7:00am wednesday morning...

see yall there!!!!!! :D

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I'll be going it alone, not sure when exactly I'll get to leave but I should be out there before dark on thursday. I'm starting to get kinda anxious :eek:

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Someone-
no worries on the bikes...

leave them near a fellow camper and you would never have to worry-
chain them up if it makes you feel better.
I left mine out last year and my only worry was High Lard Gomer kept messing with them..LOL

Top Bottom