Ohio riders! Want to set up alittle get together?

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
if we meet up with that huge pack of quads that frequents the place we might have a fair fight

I'll take the one with the flat. ;)

Have ya seen the weather smb?
Heres what yahoo had to say yahoo weather scroll down the page and it says theres a chance of shower on the weekend. Can you give me an update on what they say on TV.

Another question, how big will the hills be (I'm pretty sure there are some huge gorges in that area.) How many off camber?

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Here's a Ride Report I put together of our first Ride in Jackson County.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SlowPoke Dennis picked me up at 7:00AM loaded up the V-10 Ram (cool truck) and we were off. Rich joined the convoy along the way. Two hours later we were sitting in SMB's driveway.

El Presidente had already had a crash in before we started riding his "little loop" in the back yard. I'll get back to that later. Basically The Richland furnace trails are pretty open, rocky, hilly and overall FAST! Slowpoke had a little problem with "Bob Hill" but somehow managed to climb every other hill that was 3 times as long and much more technical. The power line hills were great. It's awesome starting up a hill not knowing what the trail turns into. The trail conditions were perfect, nice sticky dirt and a great day to go along with it.

After riding a few hours we decided to go back to the house and grab a bite to eat. El Presidente was having some problems with his DR. It wasn't running great, although you wouldn't know it by the way he was riding. He assured us that the air cleaner was clean and it was fresh gas. Long story short, we found a small family of birds living in his air box.

We headed to their local home made Moto X track and started our "Bike Shoot-Out", each taking turns on each other's bikes. Basically El Presidente want's Rich's bike (WR400F), I want SlowPoke's bike(Husky wr250), and Rich and SMB (worked over KDX) are perfectly happy.

By this time we're pretty tired and we head back to the house. Rich and I decide to explore the "little loop" behind the house. These Guys were holding out on us!!! It turns out to be an arrowed Harescramble loop, complete with tight twisties through Pine's, technical climbs and decents, and a super fast section through the tree's to connect it all together. Rich and I did lap after lap giggleing the entire time. After realizing we had to stop sometime we headed back to the house. Just as I popped out of the woods a deer jumped out in front of me. I chased him over 300 yards across the field until he jumped back into the woods. Those things are FAST.

Overall it was a great time, SlowPoke bit it on the very bottom of a long, technical decent with the help of a hidden wet log, but he's a pretty tough guy. Actually it was me complaining on the way home how tired and hungry I was . Hopefully El Presidente's DR will have survived the ordeal. If not, I'm sure we'll be seeing him on a new WR400.

Great Ride guys, Hope to do it again soon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the climbs are pretty long and technical (can't see the top) others are short and steep (Bob Hill). I wouldn't worry though. It should be a pretty fun ride. I think it's supposed to be Hot and maybe a shower blowing through. We may welcome the rail.

Later,

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
hey bill,
wait until you and rich see what we've done with the "little loop". If you and Rich liked it before you'll love it now, more tight twisties more uphills, downed trees to hop over, and now an off camber downhill up over a bridge and into another off camber section, of course I'm not doing it justice here but after about two laps you're feeling kind of winded.

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
rain , rain make it rain, i hope it rains in richland so i can play. Don't worry about rain guys richland is only better when it rains. The new addition to the track is pretty nice, just watch the bridge, besides it would be nice to have fresh riders comments on the track.:p

COMING SOON to SMB Raceway Park. . . . . SPODEFEST

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
dennis,
I figured we'd meet up at my house and ride in, if that's alright with you guys. Do you still remember how to get to the house? I've got to meet Jewell in town and have him follow me out, supposed to meet up with him about 9:30 so I should be out there by 10. Sound good?

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
What is the elevation there? Or does anyone know of a link real quick so I can get the elevation of where I ride and richland furnance?

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
I just got off the phone with Dennis. Rich can't get off work until 8 so we'll be on the road by 8:30. We should be there by 11 though. We've also recruited one more rider, Andrew on his KX250. He's a good rider and will try to climb anything. :) None of us are in any hurry to get back so we should get a lot of riding in. Can't Wait!

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
since richland furnace is right around byer it looks as though the elevation is right around 650 feet. Having some jetting issues Jewell?

OleDrewBudd

Jul 3, 2001
Thanks Jeff and Bill for compliment, however

I did not try climbing everything, now I must ride past them 2 damn buggy hills everytime I go down there. I know I'll continue thinking I can climb the 1 on the right but I'll chicken out when the time comes around to trying it. Had to eat my words after talking trash. The hill was steep but more important tons of roots without soil under them, thus putting me up in the air and momentum would be lost. :(.

THANKS JEFF FOR HAVING US !

This is Andrew , signon OleDrewBudd.

I'll see you all soon!
later times and better lines.....

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
hey andrew, I see you're on DRN now. If you'd like to read the ride report it's in the general forum in the ride report sub forum :)

Top Bottom