Ohio riders! Want to set up alittle get together?

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I just got my drivers lisense back latly and have my trailor now hooked to my camero. I am finaly able to trailor my bike by myself now and was wondering if anyone would like to set something up. Maybe in central Ohio or closer to Cincinnati. I don't have a spark arrestor and would like to ride mostly trails but beginner friendly Mx tracks are also an opion. I'll be at haspin this weekend so this weekend isn't good. Maybe like the 30th of june or some time early July. Let me know.

Last edited:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I had been thinking about a group ride here at my area, I've got a fully arrowed harescramble course and richland state forest is 4 miles from my house, large field for campers if needed, plenty of trail to support a 2 day ride. Been thinking of seeing how many would be interested. Spark arrestor isn't mandatory but it's always a good idea. State sticker would be required as you'd have to ride road for about 4 miles to get from the house to the trail out in richland. Maybe an informal poll of how many could make it would give me a better idea of how to proceed.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
proof of ownership and $7 :)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
hmm, july 1..:think
that weekend works for me. I can ride sat/sun or both. can everyone else can make it?

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
hey hey hey. by god this sucks. i still have no bike. but i am trying to by a friend of mines 94 KTM 300 exc. amybe everything will work out. but if u need a gas crew i'm ur man

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
June 30th and July 1st sound good to me!
How do I get where ever we're going from Cincinnati? (can either take north 71 or 75)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Jewell
You would need to take State Route 32 all the way from cincinnati to wellston, man I forgot how long that is though, it'll be a long drive for you, somwhere on the order of 120 miles..

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
120 miles! are you kidding

Just messin with ya. It will not be a problem.
Email me with your address and I just type it into yahoo map and get some easy direction.

just typed in the city name and it said to take 35 to 93 and that it was about 125 miles:)

Last edited:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I tried yahoo maps and they were crazy! they wanted you to drive up toward columbus to get to wellston. 32 runs right down here from cincinnati, you take 32 past jackson until you hit 93 and make a left, takes you right into town here, it's kinda hard to explain where I live because there's a mess of township and county roads you'd have to take to get here, so I'll have to meet you in wellston somewhere and have you follow me out. There's a McDonalds right off of 93 that would be a good place to meet up. Send me an email and I'll go a little further in detail. jd_racing@email.com

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I should be able to make it sat for sure. Will try to bring one other with me. Not sure about sunday though.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I'm sorry to hear that john, but this is a multi-day ride remember :)
This ride is long overdue, I'm hoping for good weather but good weather for richland is rain :p
if it's alright with everyone how about we meet up about 10 am, that'll put us on the trail say around 11 at the latest.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
alright guys, seriosuly my email service is trash. I picked up a yahoo account now so if any of ya tried to email me could you resend it, I know it's frustrating and I apologize, new email is smb_racing@yahoo.com
thanks.

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey smb could you give me an overview of what this ride will be like. I'm just trying to get an idea of how to prepare for it. Like I don't have an oversized tank and am not used to extended periods away from the truck. I don't have a problem with it but, I would like to be prepared for the worst. I'm gonna send you an e-mail today (monday) so I can get some more info so be looking for that.

I'm getting excited already!

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Hey,

Dennis, are you planning on going down Saturday and coming back Saturday night? I should be able to do that. I don't think I can do two days though. Got room for one more Dennis? ;) Rich is off Saturday too and I know he wants to go riding.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Hi Bill. Yea I.m just going sat Waiting to hear from Eric and Shawn if they want to go. I'll have room for you no problem. Will you be able to get up that early?;)

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I was kinda thinking that myself. If we do ride on Sunday I will probably want to be back on the road home around 2:00 sunday afternoon. Since it is about a 2 hour drive.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
you know I was just thinking, if Jewell and his bud come, with dennis and bill and rich, and maybe if dennis can convince shawn and eric to tag along, plus dan and me and possibly even Jason (probability of purchasing a 1994 KTM300) this is the best turnout yet, just great! :)

if we meet up with that huge pack of quads that frequents the place we might have a fair fight :p

Top Bottom