ohio riders

where are you located? I live in akron/canton area and places are getting fewer but I know a few around me.

im up way north east ohio area/ashtabula county. im looking for places to go ride and camp with the family. any of you know a place/places to do that i would appreciate the info.

Check out the places to ride section at dirtbiking.com. There is a place near Zanesville called Perry county state forest that has camping and riding. I have never been there but I have heard that it is awsome. I plan to go in early August.

smb_racing

Master of None
Wayne National Forest towards Nelsonville is a great place to ride, I believe they also offer camping. Most of the trail is fairly twisty, up and down hardpack. Nice banked turns but watch out for the quads :scream:

jfurniss

Subscriber
I've heard that Elson St. is a good place to ride, though I havn't been there yet. It is in Waynesburg, Oh. At the intersection of Rts. 43 and 44, take Elson St. 1/2 mile until it dead ends. Contact names: Sam 495-7139 or Kevin 877-2156. I found out about it here on DRN, so you may want to search the threads.

jfurniss

Subscriber
Yeah, Bear Creek has trails. You would have to call for directions, etc. They are located in East Sparta. The trails are wide, but have huge ruts in them from quads.

I know of a farmer property in or near Canton/Minerva around US 30, he has 230 acres, chrages $10, has camping. its decent place. I'll dig up the direction for it and post it, I have not been there this year. Hillsville ( near PA border off of 224 ) has been shut down so I am down to 3 places to ride Wellsville, Bear Creek and this place. I trying to get into racing since it look s like the only other way to get time on 2 wheels.

hey erac i live in st.c too, let me know where you ride. im supposed to go to lightning raceway this sunday but i have my doubts if it keeps raining.if lightning doesnt happen id be up for a little local riding.theres another member on here from st.c too, jimmyd2 where are you?.......later,dave