jatee

May 29, 2001
im up way north east ohio area/ashtabula county. im looking for places to go ride and camp with the family. any of you know a place/places to do that i would appreciate the info.

erac

Apr 9, 2001
Check out the places to ride section at dirtbiking.com. There is a place near Zanesville called Perry county state forest that has camping and riding. I have never been there but I have heard that it is awsome. I plan to go in early August.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Wayne National Forest towards Nelsonville is a great place to ride, I believe they also offer camping. Most of the trail is fairly twisty, up and down hardpack. Nice banked turns but watch out for the quads :scream:

jfurniss

~SPONSOR~
Aug 22, 2000
I've heard that Elson St. is a good place to ride, though I havn't been there yet. It is in Waynesburg, Oh. At the intersection of Rts. 43 and 44, take Elson St. 1/2 mile until it dead ends. Contact names: Sam 495-7139 or Kevin 877-2156. I found out about it here on DRN, so you may want to search the threads.

jfurniss

~SPONSOR~
Aug 22, 2000
Yeah, Bear Creek has trails. You would have to call for directions, etc. They are located in East Sparta. The trails are wide, but have huge ruts in them from quads.

bills442

May 4, 2001
I know of a farmer property in or near Canton/Minerva around US 30, he has 230 acres, chrages $10, has camping. its decent place. I'll dig up the direction for it and post it, I have not been there this year. Hillsville ( near PA border off of 224 ) has been shut down so I am down to 3 places to ride Wellsville, Bear Creek and this place. I trying to get into racing since it look s like the only other way to get time on 2 wheels.

daveEX

Feb 11, 2000
hey erac i live in st.c too, let me know where you ride. im supposed to go to lightning raceway this sunday but i have my doubts if it keeps raining.if lightning doesnt happen id be up for a little local riding.theres another member on here from st.c too, jimmyd2 where are you?.......later,dave

BenjaminPQ

Spammer
Jan 4, 2001
Hey jfurniss,

You have tons of places to ride down there! Lightning, Crow Canyon, Broken Spokes just to name a few. I raced at Broken Spokes last weekend were you there?

erac

Apr 9, 2001
daveEX, we ride mostly in Fairpoint, there are tons of places to ride around there. We usually put around 50 miles in a day and only ride a small portion of whats there. That is also where the GNCC race is going to be in October, it says St.C on the website but it's in the point....Oh yea and I ride with JimmyD2, I bought my KLX after I rode his.

There are usually quite a few people riding there on the weekend. But there are so many places to ride that you hardly ever run into anyone. The guy's from Xtreme Suzuki (A&B) ride there too.

jfurniss

~SPONSOR~
Aug 22, 2000
BenjaminPq,
I'm not a racer. I'm more into woods riding. Does Lightning have trails? Broken Spokes has a few miles, I guess. I don't think Crow Canyon lets you in only on race day.

By the way, where is Fairpoint?

erac

Apr 9, 2001
Fairpoint is right out side of St.C. The easiest way to get there from Dennison is to follow 250 to Cadiz then hop on RT 9 it's only about 10 miles from Cadiz.

bills442

May 4, 2001
directions to riding sport in canton

Wow, just got back from running the HS at Pine Lake this last weekend, what a blast - weather was lousy, but can't control that I guess!!

Here are the directions to a riding spot I promised ya guys.
This is off the map sheet I originally got, as I remember they suck, and I havn't been there in a while so I can't remember my "edits" but I found it with these and so will you. This place is nice, pretty cool trail, a couple hills, something that could resemble a natural terrain track, only 2 or 3 jumps though that I could find :(

Here we go:

Open All Year
Dirt Bike ATV riding
230 acres, camping, fishing, snowmobiles, ski & activities
1 hr from Akron
77 south
rt 30 east liver pool
right on trinity.
church. rd. in Hanoverton
Little Beaver Camp on right
ph: 1.330.223.1167
$10 a day for riding
$3.00 a day for fishing
call for details.

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
daveEX, Actually I'm in North Myrtle Beach right now. Had to bring the laptop to keep up with work (DRN)

Have you gone to Seven Creeks? Lots of trails :) Lots of quads :(

Magnus

Jun 4, 2001
Hey erac, when are you coming to ride again? I can't wait to assault you with my roost again.:) JimmyD2, what have you got against quads? Are you just mad because my raptor is faster than your klx.:)

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Magnus, both of your bikes scare me. :eek: I really don't have anything against quads. I get worried about all the beer drinking, helmetless quad riders at Seven Creeks though. It is a good riding spot other than that.

SPD, It appears that you have ridden all over Ohio. What are your favorite riding areas? I went to Perry a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

R

RedRider4

Any one in the Akron/Canton area heard of the Wadsworth Powerlines and the Brickyard? Me and my buddies ride there all day and still don't cover the whole place! Good hills, trails, jumps, etc.

Top Bottom