SuperDave

Mar 6, 2001
Was wondering if anyone would be interested in a big get together at say Honda Hills, New Vienna, or maybe even Haspen Acres. It would be pretty cool to meet some fellow DRN members. I know a few others here that I have chatted with are interested. The more the better! Lets throw some dates out and see what we can come up with.

------------------
SuperDave
Competition Accessories
97 RM250

RM250boy

Mar 7, 2001
Sounds great to me! I would be available for Sunday April 8th (one week from this sunday) I would need a place that has trails or at least a pretty good size hair scramble track, not into the mx track thing at this point...

hey SuperDave - seems like you and i have similar bikes! ;)
------------------
John (o)(o)
'99 Suzuki RM 250

[This message has been edited by RM250boy (edited 03-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by RM250boy (edited 03-27-2001).]

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
hey Super Dave how about riding some trail?
I've been emailing with John (RM250boy) about possibly riding here at my area this saturday (the 31st). I'd be interested in knowing how many could make it, I need to scrape together some cash to get a tube beforehand though, if anyone would like more info you could email me and i'll try to explain where we're at here jd_racing@email.com

------------------
Jeff-
'84 Can-Am ASE 250 (brutally fast rat bike)
'93 Kawasaki KDX200 (bored 40 over, FMF pipe, A-Loop suspension)

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
superdave
is there place to watch yall ride in either of these places. my machine is sidelined at the moment, and maybe i could ride up w/ smb_racing. hope i get to come

------------------
'91 dr 350
smb_racing co-founder

SuperDave

Mar 6, 2001
I havent been in the woods in a long time. Rode a hare scramble a couple of years back and came to a dissagreement with a large oak tree. Havent been near a tree on a bike since. My brother-in-law is big into trail riding and is always trying to get me to go. I always tell him the face of a triple is softer than an oak tree! :D

As far as being able to ride trails and spectate. Honda Hills has a large area that is open to ride in. Lots of trails, open fields. They have a fishing pond (never tried it myself) showers, toilets, camping, and there is a small town not to far away that has a deli and gas. Price till the end of March is $12 a day then they are raising their prices to $15 a day starting in April to cover the rising cost of insurance.

New Vienna is open enough to throw out some lawn chairs and watch.

John - sure looks like we have the same good taste in bikes!

[This message has been edited by SuperDave (edited 03-28-2001).]

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'm in. Keep me posted. Haspin seems to be the best bet since they have 2 moto-x tracks, dragstrip, mucho trails, shower, indoor facilities, food, nearby bike shops for those breakdown or get flats, and just $10 a day. 8th sounds good.

------------------
1997 Kx 125
1997 GSX-R 750
Doin a wheely between a rock and a hard place.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
to be honest I wasn't all that impressed with honda hills, their HS course was lame at best with only one really hairy creek section and two challenging hills. All the open field riding isn't much fun for me and I'm no MX'er so I can't really justify the 3 hour drive to get there. But if anyone would like to come ride some trail this weekend here in jackson county then I'm pretty sure saturday is the day for it. I feel positive that I can find a tube somewhere and get back out on the trails, it's been 3 weeks since I've done any riding, I'm going insane I do believe.

------------------
Jeff-
'93 Kawasaki KDX200 (bored 40 over, FMF pipe, A-Loop suspension)

SuperDave

Mar 6, 2001
I know how you feel about Honda Hills. The mx track even gets boring after a while. I just figured it would be centrally located. I would much prefer to go to Haspen Acres. Not sure how far away that is for you. I am sure we can figure something out though.
SuperDave

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
well it's about a 3 hour drive to covington kentucky from here so I'm guessing 2.5 hours to cincy, which actually puts this other place closer than honda hills, where is it located again?

------------------
Jeff-
'93 Kawasaki KDX200 (big bore kit, A-Loop suspension, FMF pipe)

SuperDave

Mar 6, 2001
Jewell wrote this about Haspen Acres on another post.

Just to clarify about Haspin Acres. Since I've only been THERE! The buggies and trucks aren't such a big problem. My friend has a rail buggy and yz125. I've talked to alot of people that ride up there. They watch out for us while we just ride around like maniacs, they usually take it real slow. The tracks up there keep getting better and better but they still aren't ideal. Good but there is a lack of grooming. 500 acres of really diverse trail riding. 40 minutes west of Cincinnati on I-74 take brookville exit. 10$ a day, local bike shops for riging levers and flat tires, and near the liquor store for those night we camp out.

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
I'd make the trip down for a get together. What about the following weekend? (apr 14) It's the easter weekend and a lot of people have a long weekend and it would make travelling a bit easier.

SuperDave

Mar 6, 2001
Either weekend will be cool for me. Lets keep tossing out some dates and places and make this happen. It will be great to get a bunch of people together to go riding. We need to bring a grill and have a BBQ! ;)

------------------
SuperDave
97 RM250

Crash_Alot

Sep 12, 2000
I could be in to riding Haspin on the 8th. I've never been there but would like to try it. I've been to Honda Hills and New Vienna and can say that I wasn't overly impressed by either.
Any of you guys ever ride/race at Dirt Country? It is about 10 - 15 miles from New Vienna and a much better track in my opinion.

SuperDave

Mar 6, 2001
Used to race there all the time. But its hard to get out to any of thier open practices since they are are the week nights. We were out a New Vienna on Sat. The supercross track is killer (ouch!) And the front track was in decent shape. Weather was great.

SuperDave

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Went to haspin on Saturday. Got rained on for about 15 minutes. They were doing some major change/repair work on the Mx track. Found some new trails that were really nice. I find something new every time I go. Haspin Acres, April 14th sounds good to me.

------------------
1997 Kx 125
1997 GSX-R 750
Doin a wheely between a rock and a hard place.

Top Bottom