Ohio Riding Places... Ride in Ohio? Add more!

Dirtman500

Jan 8, 2004
Here is a list of a few legal places to ride in Ohio.
Crow Canyon MX Park..... Urichsville
Wellsville.............. Wellsville("Oh my,,,Big Hills")
Western Reserve MC Club.... Salem(Race event or W/Club Member only)
Indian Hills............... Newton Falls
Sand Dunes................. Levittsburg
Wayne National Forest...... Southern Ohio
Rumble On The Ridge........ Adena( Event times only)30 mile loop.

hlinar

Oct 21, 2002
Dirtman.
Seeing Wellsville up here brings back many pleasant memories for me when i lived NE oh in the late 70's early 80's.. Imagine crossing the tracks going up the power line and stalling a 75 penton with that damn bing carb about 2/3 the way up !!!
Thanks for the memory,
HL

Dirtman500

Jan 8, 2004
They have a good thing going on at Wellsville now! Some trail maintenance from what I have heard. Also staying much cleaner! Pack it in pack it OUT!

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i have heard of wellsville before, is it fairly close to pittsburgh PA? someone who is into 4 wheeling told me about it. where is letittsburg at in ohio? i didnt know there was any sand dunes in ohio, have either of you guys ever rode there before? if so can you tell me what its like? i may have to check some of these places out, i have always wanted to ride sand dunes.

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Perry State Forest is about 40 miles north of Wayne. It's a few thousand acres smaller but you can ride anywhere, there are trails setup, and they have some pretty gnarly hills(used to be a strip mine area). Most importantly it's less crowded.

There are a couple pics of Perry in my user photo gallery.

Last edited:

jfurniss

~SPONSOR~
Aug 22, 2000
Does anyone know if Elson St. park is still open? It has an area of decent trails and an MX track, if I'm not mistaken. Also, what about Bear Creek? It's not far from Bolivar, but I forget what town.

PABLO 300

Jun 23, 2001
Wellsville is still open. Some locals have leased space for a nice {sane] access area with porta- pottie and camping. Trails have been improved over the last year but watch out when it rains. There are still buggies and jeeps but less drunk drivers! Elsion St. is open on sat. and sun.$10 per day but no camping. Crow canyon is nice with some fast loops and open areas as well as a nice MX track-weekends at $15 per day but not sure on camping. One Free place is Shenango Lake north of Warren Oh. and is run by the Army Corp of Engineers. Not bad for a play day or taking those not up to a knarly ride. The best part is free and 7 days a week 12 months of the year..

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
dirtman500 where in ohio are the dunes? do you mean leavittsburg, or levittsburg? i cant find levittsburg on the ohio map. also can you explain what these dunes are like and is it worth me making the trip from the pittsburgh PA area do ride there?

Dirtman500

Jan 8, 2004
Levittsburg sand dunes wouldn't be worth the trip for you! I would only rate them as a 3 out of 10! Ok place to ride for locals but not worth any kind of drive. I don't currently have any picture of L-burg otherwise I would put them on my webpage.

jfurniss

~SPONSOR~
Aug 22, 2000
I found it. It looks like it is real close to Warren, in Trumball County. Who owns the land? Is it legal or just that people look the other way when people ride there? It might only rate a 3 out of 10, but dunes sound interesting to us Ohio types that see nothing but trees!

Dirtman500

Jan 8, 2004
The area in Levittsburg is located by a company called Denman Tire off of ST RT 5. The Road you turn on is located almost directly across from a Duke gas station. Land is owned by a paving company and the only issue of their concern is using the trash cans place around the riding area. It's located about 10 minutes from where I live. There is always people riding there. Plenty of sand but like I said I would just rate it OK... Then you always have another local spot called Indian Hills located behind my house. If I don't do any weekend riding out of town I ride with my Buds behind my house. We are planning on putting in some single track trails behind my place this spring that will only be wide enough for bikes... No quads on single track trails! I have other areas close to me that I ride at so if you just feel like comming out riding when the weather gets nice this spring contact me and I would go riding anytime on weekends. Click on Website below to see some pictures of places I ride at. Later....

Top Bottom