SouthernDirt

Apr 12, 2007
It is a YZ250F...I changed the oil following every step in the shop manual...now it will not even attempt to turn over plus even with the clutch handle pulled in, the back tire will not roll with the trranny in gear! I checked at all three drain plugs and there is oil at each of them. I'm lost! Help, Please!!!

I am supposed to go on a ride this afternoon and another Friday morning. I have only had this bike a few months so I wanted to do routine maintance before riding it this week. It seems I have really screwed up my plans now!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunya

Apr 26, 2007
Possibly the drain plugs are different lengths and you got one in the wrong spot. I'm a bit confused by the symptoms. Did you try to kick start it with the clutch pulled in? Because it rolls in neutral, but not in gear it sounds like the input shaft of the trans is locked. Buy pulling in the clutch you'll isolate the crankshaft from the transmission. If you can kick it with the clutch pulled in that would confirm an input shaft issue.

SouthernDirt

Apr 12, 2007
Things are working better now. I think the clutch issues were because there was not enough oil around the clutchs. We were able to pull start the bike so once the oil started circulating through the system the clutch eased up. Still not sure why it would not kick over, but we did get it going in time to ride!

phatford92

Jun 9, 2007
congrads clutches can be the biggest pain in anyones ass. They have to be well oiled and preferebly warm oil my bike also doesnt roll with the clutch pulled in unless its real warm even then it sticks a bit

Top Bottom