amaro10

Aug 26, 2008
Hello Dirtrider,

Well, im having a problem.
I just changed the oil in my DRZ-125, and when i removed the drain plug, out came the oil along with a spring and another ' bullet-like' metal piece that fits into the spring.

I don't know if this was supposed to fall out or not.

Can you get back to me on this asap. Thanks :D

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The only time I had pieces come out with the oil is when something was broken. I'll venture this to be the case for you as well. What parts are they is the next question right? Well post some pics and it would be pretty helpful if you had a factory service manual as well.

chrome_71

Aug 23, 2008
I had a similar experience with my sons four wheeler when I removed the wrong drain plug. In my case it was a 4 inch metal tube and a spring of the same length that seats into the end of the tube. My research yielded that it is a type of permanent filter that is housed inside the crankcase. I put the spring back in the hole followed by the tube and got the drain plug back in...which was a bit of struggle since the spring was forcing the tube back out. Once I got it in there, no problems.

I am not an expert, but what you described sounds very similar. I found it odd that the bottom of the crankcase in our ATV had these 2 side by side plugs. I simply chose the wrong one...

hope this may help you

Top Bottom