Oil Change

Dirtykid

Jul 8, 2002
My owners/service manual arrived in the mail a couple days ago and then i flipped to the changing oil section, and was planning on doing just that until it said turn your bike vertical :think: , i can hardly push my bike down the street without passing out, how the hell am i supposed to put my bike vertical ?????

Do i really have to do that ??? or can i leave it normal on two wheels ???

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
I think what they mean by vertical is put your bike on a stand so it is not leaning over.

The^^Rock

~SPONSOR~
Feb 18, 2002
yer sounds like it means to have it just upright, not on an angle like it would be on the stand. What bike is it?

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
vertical would be straight up and down, horizontal<easy way to remember is to look at the horizon> would be sideways.
put the bike on a level work stand dont lean it against anything. You kinda have to learn how to read thru the translations since not every phrase in a different country has a direct translation into English.
heh going off on a tangent here but if in England someone says " There was a bad earth on the bonnet so the lamp wouldn't burn" I could just picture some redneck from America trying to trying to do a hand stand on an oil lamp wearing an Easter hat. would make for a good National Lampoons "Vacation" movie :)
so vertical would be perpendicular to horizontal which would be parallel with the horizon :eek: :eek: :eek:

ericruby

May 3, 2002
that is too funny! you should try turning your bike upside down next that works good to(sic)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
(shakin' head)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
:confused:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Jeeeeze....LOL

Dirtykid

Jul 8, 2002
ok thats a relief, the only way i get my bike vertical is wheeling and i dont think i could do that and an oil change at the same time, thanks everyone.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Dirtykid
Got an idea yet? I would think that crkid and
jmics19067 have painted it out for you.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Sorry........Didn't read your last post.......My bad!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…