Bang_Thang

May 1, 2006
I just recently bought an 03 cr125 and am new to dirt bikes and know most the basics, and when i was doing the regular check ups I went to check the oil and there is no dip stick, or a clear window to check the oil, is this normal or am I just missing something? please help, thanks

YZ250Anthony

Jun 21, 2006
its not suppose to have a dipstick it tells you on the engine how many cc's of oil it takes i think yours takes somewhere around 650 cc's always add a little extra like 150 cc's to be safe

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
There should be a bolt, near the clutch cover, that when removed, is a fill level check bolt. If the correct amount of oil is in the transmission/clutch case, it will just reach the bottom of the hole, or pour out slightly when the plug is removed.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
You put in the prescribed amount of oil (after you have drained the oil that was in there) about every 5h-10h and let it be until the next oil change.

You will know if the bike starts burning oil (smoke from the exhaust and bad running or loosing it through a leak (any significant oil loss will leave a puddle or be visible on the cases).

Last edited:

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
?? depends on the model of bike
that bolt -check hole--is called a weep hole
fill the bike up,and it will drip out as if it were crying
i dont know about all bikes lol check a manuel

Top Bottom