mountainrider

Dec 11, 2000
What is the correct way to set the fork oil height on ktm 200 forks,01 model. The manual says 150mm, but it does not give detailed instructions. They have holes in the top of the inner tubes like KYB, so do I fill them to the top to allow oil to fill the space between the tubes or just fill the inner tube like on older showa forks. Also any suggestions to make these forks work better in the rocks and roots for a 145lb. rider? I'm about out of options myself.

drehwurm

Dec 9, 2000
Servus mountainrider,

It works like with the KYB forks - fill it always to the top and keep bleeding, then let it rest a little and set the oil level.

I have a friend on a 520EXC who is about the same weight as you and going one softer on the rear spring (from PDS 2 to PDS 6[PDS 6 is like PDS 1, just longer]), changing to a 5wt oil in the forks and a very slight revalve worked pretty good.

Michael

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
The way I understand and do it is by carefully filling athe inner tube only and purging the cartridge. If you spill between the tubes you have to start over. Try 2.5wt oil, it works better in the rocks, but a revalve is the real fix.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
you can do it either way but the KTM spec is for the tube filled to the top then oil removed.ie oil between tubes.If you do it the other way the oil level will be off by 25mm approx.:scream:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I was just wondering...I read an article which talked about changing the oil by "volume" instead of measuring height. Wouldn't this be a more consistant way to do it, IF you know what the stock volume is?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Whooosh! Went right over my head, Jeremy....
Say again???:think

Top Bottom