Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
My 05 yz250 is blowing transmission oil from the right side case into the chamber that contains the power valve linkage. The leak is between the actual cases and the right side case. This happens after the engine has been running for a few seconds and was not cured by replacing the right side case gasket. The crankcase vent seems to be patent when I blow through it with the oil filler plug removed. Has anyone seen this problem before? I will take pictures if needed but not till tomorrow after I ride because as of now the only fix has been to silicone the cover that protects the power valve linkage. Thank you. Brian.

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
I thought that was the problem but the oil comes from where the center case and the right side case meet. The seal at the governor arm is intact.

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
Well one chance you have if the breather tube releases the oil onto the case you could be good, or have to change the crank oil seal clutch side. If the case lets through oil you need to split cases and redo it.

If you haven't done it a short while ago, maybe at that ocassion you could do a bottom end rebuild.

cr600

Nov 29, 2012
have the same problem on my 98cr250r . Its leaking oil down the where the case splits and on the right side. Was told that seals have gone bad and have to split the case. :bang:

Top Bottom