krazyinski

Feb 2, 2006
I use rotella synthetic in the tranny, I have developed an oil leak from the kips advancer rod, but the oil is very black not like the tranny oil, only leaks enough to make a little mess around the rubber boot and a small run down the case with a couple of drips on the skid plate. this is after 40+miles of hard riding. I have not had first hand experience tearing the engine down and re asembling it, this is why I am asking. could the oil be from the exhaust side or from the tranny side? could the synthetic just be to slick and by pass the seal ? or is it a common item on a KDX to leak from this area?

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Never had a KDX, but it sounds like spooge! Unburnt premix oil that pools up in the power valve and then drools all over everything. Common, not dangerous.. unless you slip and fall in the mess it makes on the floor. Might want to re-visit your jetting, mix ratio and brand of premix if you're concerned. Is there any spooge making out the end of your pipe?

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
I think what your seeing is spooge,It is common in that area,It comes from the exhaust port(kips valves) and builds up and leaks,If it still runs good don't worry!!!! Next topend rebuild,clean everything good and replace all the gaskets,seals !!!

krazyinski

Feb 2, 2006
motodawg said:
Might want to re-visit your jetting, mix ratio and brand of premix if you're concerned. Is there any spooge making out the end of your pipe?
no signs of spooge out the pipe but I did revisit the carb and ended up with a dem needle on the 2nd from the top 155 main 45 pilot and that seem to smooth every thing out as well as lean the bike out. not much four stroking now. the kips leak was indeed spooge. fresh motor with fredette porting,headwork and bored carb with the FMF -35 and tc 2. ran great runs better now.

Top Bottom