JamesGriff

Jun 25, 2009
I have a 2000 KX 250, it is leaking oil where the clutch goes into the motor. (the clutch cable) How do I fix it? and am I going to have to tear apart the motor to get to it?

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
You can replace the seal on the clutch release lever. Remove the clutch cover to expose the clutch remove the outer clutch plate and pull the clutch rod out. Then you can pull the clutch release lever out.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Its easy for sure but if you have never did anything like this and plan on keeping the bike you should think about investing in a repair manual. This won't be the only time it will come in handy.

JamesGriff

Jun 25, 2009
So your pretty sure its just the seal that I need to order? or do I need to get it apart and find out befor I order anything?

JamesGriff

Jun 25, 2009
I was wrong its not leaking out of where the clutch goes into the motor. It is leaking out of the sprocket... So I think I just need to replace the sprocket seal instead of the clutch release seal (Correct)??

Thanks for any help or advice. I just bought the bike yesterday and was not expecting to have to replace anything this soon.

Top Bottom