NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Aren't we supposed to empty the space between the slider and the tube before reading the oil level? Well I just finished fliping over every single shim in the fork and shock. On reassembling the fork I noticed there are holes in the chromed slider that bypass to the outer tube. The thing is these holes are exactly at 60mm from the top when reading oil level. As soon as there is enough oil to reach these two holes, the oil level doesn't come up again for a while because all the oil you pour goes to fill the space between the tube and slider. I guess that means there is a huge difference in stiffness between say 61mm and 59mm. Does that mean This fork model is supposed to be filled using the oil volume instead of oil level? It is the first time I stumble across this :think:
Uh, I'm talking about a 00'cr125.
Thanks everyone!

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
No-Hand,
These are just file holes. IMO the best thing to do is completly fill the tubes by over filling your tubes.. Then set your oil ht.

Or you could put your fork cap on and exstend the fork as far as the rod will let you. Then your cosistent.. ?Just readjust your ht by 10-15mm lower.. Either way dude, it be fine..

Best Regards,
Jer

Top Bottom