Oil level question - marzocchi 45's sealed bladder fork

richy

Mar 9, 2003
I am trying to get the marzocchi 45's on my 06 husky cr125 more woods friendly. They have a sealed cartridge with bladder. They have already been revalved, re-sprung and preload adjusted - improvement but still are too stiff and unpredictable in the woods (rocks, roots etc). I have been running them full soft.
Can the oil level be decreased in the cartridge (sealed bladder) or does it have to be filled to the top as recommended to keep air out. Also does the oil in the fork legs affect settings in any way?
I haven't been able to find much info on these.
Any help is appreciated. :cool:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
if its like any other tc fork , you cannot alter oil levels apart from for bottoming control, so it will need more valving work.

richy

Mar 9, 2003
Current setup

Here is the setup
2.5 wt oil in cartridge (full)
2.5 wt oil in leg 110mm air chamber
38 rate springs with 5mm preload (160lb rider)

Seem ok 1/4 stroke but then it's just plain hard
travels only approx 75mm to bottoming.
mounted to clamps and axle a-ok

I was told they need more break-in time before further valving? I really miss my bladder-less zokes. :(

Thanks!

Rich
-------

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
richy said:
Here is the setup
2.5 wt oil in cartridge (full)
2.5 wt oil in leg 110mm air chamber
38 rate springs with 5mm preload (160lb rider)

Seem ok 1/4 stroke but then it's just plain hard
travels only approx 75mm to bottoming.
mounted to clamps and axle a-ok

I was told they need more break-in time before further valving? I really miss my bladder-less zokes. :(

Thanks!

Rich
-------

I would lower the air-chamber oil-height to maybe 150 and see how it does. The oil in the outer chamber on a T/C is just for lubrication of the bushings and bottoming control. Sounds like classic too-much-oil to me?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
i have lowered the level in my 06 yzf to allot below the min level and they now work real nice.I would try less oil as a easy try.

Top Bottom