Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
A buddy of mine just bought a 1997 Rm 125 for a good deal. It runs great but the clutch is really graby and doesn't feel like it disengages all the way. Once start and warmed for a minute or 2, whenever u pull the clutch in and shift to first it sorta bogs down. We tried adjusting the cable but it didn't help any.

The bike has lots of mods done to it including a new clutch basket (and maybe the clutch too I forgot) according to the owner, but I will be taking the clutch over off tomorrow and checking it out to be sure. I did partialy open the cover to find Automotive differential oil in there.

We will be taking off the cover tomorrow to make sure the owner wasn't lying, and we will be replacing the oil with Bel-ray tranny fluid. What I NEED to know is how much to use because it has no overflow plug or anything.

Also we bought some Yamalube 2-R semi-synthetic premix, should I mix this oil at the normal 32:1 ratio or is this stuff different being semi-synthetic?

Fast replys please as I am heading over there at 9am tomorrow

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
Sweet thanks a lot :cool: . We just got the fluids changed and she runs a little better now.

Top Bottom