Oil out of rubber gasket between pipe and silencer

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
I put a new rubber gasket on the connection between my pipe and silencer, however, I still have oil spit out of this over my swing arm. Does this mean my carb is jetted incorrectly? I pre mix 32:1. Everything on my bike is stock. Will pre mixing @ 40:1 rectify this problem? I use Kawachem racing oil. Is it really safe to mix this 40:1? Thanks for the help

Ensign

Oct 13, 1999
Premixing 40:1 will actually make things worse. You will be even richer because there will be more gas in the mixture. You are probably running too rich. Check out http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/ and the section on carb tuning for a good read on jetting, etc.

Good luck!

bobby

Oct 24, 1999
You need to make sure you're jetted right. Even if you are and you plug around a lot in the woods, you'll still spooge and leak there. The easiest fix is to put a zip tie at each end if the blue rubber gasket. It'll keep that crap from oozing out..

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Try switching oils to Maxima SuperM it tends to burn more completely at a lower tempreture than most oils. Keep your ratio at 32:1, don't go to 40, Ensign is right. Realize that when you make a change you still have the black spooge in your pipe and silencer, so it will take a little time to get it out.

If the SuperM at 32:1 doesn't help, raise the clip on your needle one place.

Hope that helps

MikeT

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
Bought some Super M today

I will try it as soon as I blow out my current tank of gas. Also will use the zip ties. Thanks to all for your input.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
If you have an aftermarket pipe, the joint may not fit like it's supposed to....a turbine core II fits like c___p. In that case, even if you are 1/2 right on jetting, it may still blow past anyway.

Top Bottom