chiro972

Dec 12, 2002
Hopefully this is just a dumb question, but I have a 03 YZ250 with very low hours on it. The bike is simply awesome, runs crisp, no spooge, no fouling. Starts easily hot or cold and has incredible power.

I changed the oil and put in the specified amount, but when I ride for 20 minutes or so and then park it, there is always a few cc's of oil that comes out of the tube. I'm pretty sure it isn't overfilled. Is this just a normal occurance?

Thanks!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Where is this tube located?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Isn't that the breather hose you're referring to? The one that comes out of the top of the head. If so, correct me if I'm wrong Brian, but that may just be some exhaust spooge drippage.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
a454elk said:
Isn't that the breather hose you're referring to? The one that comes out of the top of the head. If so, correct me if I'm wrong Brian, but that may just be some exhaust spooge drippage.
That is what I was thinking but wanted to know exactly which "tube" it was.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
chiro972 said:
Yes it is the one coming from the cylinder.
Your jetting is still a bit rich but don't worry about it. If the bike is running good just ride it. My 250 runs very crisp and I still get a bit of spooge out of the vent tube. I try to put a rag or a piece of card board under it after a ride to catch the drip but it is not much anyway.

chiro972

Dec 12, 2002
Cool, thanks for the info. There wasn't anything about it in the manual. Bike does run well and doesn't foul plugs, so I would rather be a tiny bit rich than too lean.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
chiro972 said:
Cool, thanks for the info. There wasn't anything about it in the manual. Bike does run well and doesn't foul plugs, so I would rather be a tiny bit rich than too lean.
:cool:

DLHamblin

May 27, 2005
chiro972 said:

Yes, thats just the vent for the powervalve chamber. Its normal for it to drip a bit.

Top Bottom