oil per litre of gas question

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
are u mixing gas and oil and putting that in you tank or are you putting straight gas in the tank and pouring oil in a seperate container on the bike?

if you are doing the 2nd one i would stop that bucause u cant always trust that the oil wont get clogged. i usually run my bike at 50:1 with synthetic but with natural oil you shouldnt run it that high, the manaul recomends 32:1.

i dont know how to change the ratio of gas/oil, if ur bike mixes the gas for u, but your manual would tell you how.

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
i have no manual and no way to get one, please someone help me, i prefer pouring my oil in a different contaner, i use the bike for street so i cant be pouring oil everytime i need gas, can someone tell me what i have to move and where it is to lower it thanks

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
u guys didnt get the real question .. where do i change it from, i mean where do i reduce it from? a knob a screw a wir where what does it look like???

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
how are we supposed to tell u how to adjust it when most kdx's dont have oil injection? why dont you look for a knob or screw and try to figure out how to adjust it yourself. you could find someone with a RT180, they were oil injected, and ask them how they adjust the ratio.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Perhaps if you gave more info, some one could answer your question. But as it stands, unless some one else is familiar with that model, from the info you have given we don't know if it is oil injected or not.

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
all i know is that its a 1993 kdx 125 sr, it holds the oil in a different contaner under the right wing of the tank, i'll search for more thx

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
can the oil the wire that comes out of the accelerator box, one goes to the carb and the other one i think to the oil thing i dont know could this be it??

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
If you don't pre-mix your oil and gas together, but instead put it in a little tank, then you have an oil injected two stroke. What you're asking is how do you change the injector system ratio. Most KDX's in the states don't have an injector system. You'll either have to locate a manual and see if it's even possible to change the ratio, or hope that that one of the (few) SR owners will see this and help you out.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
the injector is under and to the right of the intake boot (carb/reeds).
take the plastic cover off with two screws and then adjust it so the cable moves more toward the injector. that will lessen the oil being pumped into the intake boot.
Be sure to only use oils that are made for use with injectors. otherwise the oil may screw up the injector.
be sure to click onto my SR link below.
cheers

breadman30

Apr 16, 2003
The easy way to fix that prob is to drain all the oil out of the injecting
tank and mix your self.. my son use to have a rt100 and it would mix it way rich so that is how i fix it with no probs ....

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…