oil problems

ay2000rm125

May 4, 2004
ok, so i have noticed my bike spews some oil :yikes: i know its a 2 stroke and all and some oil burn is expected. but i have a decent amount of buildup (goo) or whatever you call it on the end of my tail pipe. also i notice oil on my swing arm and back tire from getting blown out the back of the exhaust. its not a whole lot but its enough to worry me.

is this normal or might my piston rings or something be shot. :ohmy: i hope not, cause i cant fix that myself :ohmy: and i dont want to pay out the azz at the shop for them to do it.

and advice would be appreciated. :thumb:

ay2000rm125

May 4, 2004
ok, so i was out taking the muffler apart with plans on repacking it and there was tons of oil in it. so i thought i better check the oil in the bike. well i took the screw out and none came out :ohmy:

a shop will charge me out the azz to fix it huh. i dont think i can do it myself.

ill have to see if i can find someone.

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
Make sure there is oil in the tranny for one, then . .

check your jetting. If you have a manual , jet the carb. to the specs according to temp, altitude, and humidity and you should have minimal " spooge" - which is normal for a bike that is a bit too rich. If you can't jet your bike by yourself, you can either pay someone, or learn ( not that hard ). Good luck. :)

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
He was just "funnin" with you.:)
There are no piston return springs, or muffler bearings.
Repack the silencer, check your jetting, and use a good quality premix oil (at the correct ratio). A certain amount of spooge is normal for a two stroke, especially if you lug it around much.

ay2000rm125

May 4, 2004
;) i guess thats what i get for being a newbie :rotfl: :moon:

but anyways. ill look into the jetting. though there was alot of oil in the pakcing material in the exhaust when i took it apart. i mean to the point wherei could squeze it out like a rag :ohmy:

ill look into the jetting and how difficult it is. then ill go from there

ay2000rm125

May 4, 2004
oh fogot to add. i never noticed oil on my swingarm, and tire and what not from coming out of the exhaust the first 10 times of so i rode. all of a sudden now i do. also i dont think its from lugging around. i think i get on it pretty good. :) well maybe not that good. yet

LA Sledboy

May 5, 2004
If it still has a good amount of resistance when you are starting it your rings should be fine. You could always get a compression check done though. Did your mix ratio at all? Changing jetting is real easy and anytime you work on your own machine itll make you feel alot better than paying someone else to do it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…