Oil weight recommended by MX-Tech

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Hi, I just got today my suspension from James Hunt at Cycle Improvement / MX-Tech in Toronto. I would like to use Spectro suspension oil because this is what is availlable to me and I heard it is reasonably good. My problem is the MX-Tech spec sheet recommends 115sus oil and Spectro has all kinds of different oil weight and numbers but none are 115sus. In the synthetic line, they don't even have 5w. They have fork oil 2.5 or 7.5. For the shock it is even more confusing because it goes by name instead of number. Light, very light and ultra light. What the beep....

I have a 03 CR250 (Showa). What do you guys recommend? I would like to outline its amazing how clean the work that was done to my suspension. All the places he had to remove the peen marks is done perfectly and finished smooth, couldn't be better. He knows what he is doing. The red and blue anidizing looks great too.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I found I would be able to get some Motorex oil. Is this any better? does the Motorex 5w equals to 115sus? Their website is really lame on oil specs... :confused:

Marlon

MX-Tech Forum Mod
Dec 23, 2003
Hey No Hand, the Motorex 2.5 is what MX-TECH uses in their suspension builds. Just make sure to use the 2.5w, the 5w is more comparable to the 7.5 weights in the industry.

For shock fluid contact the MX-Tech suspension shop that performed the work on your honda. You should be able purchase the fluid off of them, the reason why I say this is because we use a special blend for shocks.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Thanks for the reply Marlon, I would like to find one shock fluid I have easily access to. I`m sure the special blend shock fluid is great but it would have to be shipped etc. It would be easier if I know of a product that will be availlable at the dealer; Torco, silcolene ... What do you think about Torco?

I plan on using the Motorex 2.5 in the inner chamber and the M1 atf in the spring chamber. Is the M1 atf a good idea even with the mx-tech oil lock modification?

Top Bottom