KaTMandoo

May 16, 2001
Went to the KTM shop today to get some tranny oil and hydraulic clutch oil. 2 questions....

1. Can i use Honda SAE 80W/85W Tranny oil for my 99 300 MXC?

2. Can i use 7w belray fork oil for my clutch fliud?

The guy at the shop rides KTM's religiously and he said this is what he uses on his KTM's, but I would just like to get another opinion before I put this stuff in there.

BTW the manual said to use 20W-40 tranny oil and mineral hydraulic clutch oil, but the shop had neither.

KaTMandoo

KTMBell

May 14, 2001
KTM oil

I purchased the mineral oil...stuff's expensive too ($15 for a VERY small bottle). Not sure about the fork oil as a replacement. I use Golden Spectrum SAE 80w in the trans and have had no problems.
What are you mixing in the tank???
I'm running Redline and the stuff is blowing black real bad. Acts like it's too rich, but not running too bad. Haven't had to replace plug, yet.
let me know...

KTMBell
MXC 200

KaTMandoo

May 16, 2001
ok, thx Strick glad to hear that! and I use WP2 oil and 93 octane gas at 40:1 for my fuel. It runs great for me, a little spooge but not excessive.

KaTMandoo

fuzz

Nov 27, 2000
any 2 cycle transmision fluid is fine.
fork fluid in the clutch is ok too.
if you want the magura hydraulic fluid, you can get it from a ktm dealer (or any dealer)
for around 10 bucks for .5 liters. thats around twice the price of suspension
fluid but it will last you years.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
You can use ATF in the juice clutch. I hear it lessens the pull somewhat as well, although I havn't changed from the stock mineral oil. Don't use brake fluid in the clutch!

Top Bottom