Oily Pipe

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I run Maxima 927 and my pipe has a whole lot of black splooge in it. Could this be from the oil not burning good or the jetting being to rich??

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Huge can of worms here. I had the same problems with my bike when I first got it and ran the 927. I called Maxima and they recommened I switch to the Maxima SuperM at 32:1. Since then I've never looked back and never had a spooge problem.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
I found that when I was using that oil, I would only get two or three months of riding before I had to clean my power valve.
Switch to any good brand of synthetic.

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I have heard that it can harm the oil seals if you change oils? Is this true?

Luft

Dec 24, 2002
I have been told by some tuners that 927 offers very good protection for the cylinder. My 98 KX 250 power valves were carbon coated and gummed like many others. I've spoken to Maxima about jetting and drooly spooge and they suggested that the exhaust gas temp may not be hot enough. Their website has recommendations on how to mix their oil as well, and they also have a page about tuning the airscrew for eliminating oil drool, but it did not solve my problems. Maybe a projected nose plug might get the combustion chamber temp higher to completey vaporize the oil. Higher rpms will also blow it out the silencer. That's what they tell me, I'm not on the gas enough. I have never experienced seal damage by changing oil brands.

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Alright thanks guys. Does the SuperM protect as good as 927 does for the cylinder?

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Unless you are running SUPER high RPMs for extended periods of time, or running super high heat...The Super M will be better for your application. Switch, you won't regret it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…