justinwb

Jul 12, 2003
I am pretty new to dirt bikes and decided I would like to give it a go. I do have a little previous riding experience on a trail awhile back and that was a blast. I have located a 97 RM250 for $1000. It has only been ridden in sand and has always been kept in excellent shape and it has only been ridden once in the last two years according to the owner. It has the following; FMF pipe, silencer, paddle tire, new dirt tire, after market bars, graphics, triple clamp, hand guards, Uni air filter and new top end rebuild, new plastics. now I am wondering if this is an ok deal and knowing it has only been ridden in the sand is there anything specific I should look for?

Thanks a ton guys!

Justin

mxwannabe

May 11, 2005
Its sounds like a ok deal but make sure you go and look at the bike before you buy it, also ride it but start it yourself dont let him do it. I have never seen a person sell a dirtbike without the words "new top end" somewhere in the ad so you cant really belive that unless he shows you a receipt of the last top end. I just bought a bike and just check the overall look of the bike, frame, engine ect. Most people say to check the wheel bearings but i dont really know how to do that. 1000 bucks sounds like a good deal so if everything checks out go for it. Buy it and ride it like you stole it.

Top Bottom