SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Well with the weather being so nice yesterday I slaved the day away laying out a woods course. I still need to tie in the grass track to get more milage to it.

I am hoping to end up with close to 4 miles of trail. Took 4 hours to walk it in arrowing, then spent another 3 hours brushing out the first 1/2 mile or so, still have some chain saw work to do in that section as well. ( young kids and large dead fall don't mix well)

I would say that is a "A" class section. :boss: The logs and elevation changes gave Brent fits on the KX100. He rode the first 1/2 miles twice so he has the privilege of being first bike on the virgin trail. He has not got to the big hills yet

I still have the worst section to brush out yet. If the weather cooperates I may be able to finish it up this week.

On Saturday I put in about a mile of grass track for Brent to ride on. However that track does not make the best useage of the land for milage. So will have to work on getting that done too.

Once it its done I guess I will be forced to get the 200 gassed up and ride it for the first time since Oct 2004.

Now some of my close friends and friends that live close just may get a personal invation to ride some classy unwhooped out virgin trail :cool: with a fast grass track section :yikes:

Hmmm, wonder how many new friends I will be making shortly :) OK enough :blah: Get out and ride.

Brian

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highflyernick

Oct 12, 2004
I see you have a Can am, I would ride the course with that thing for some fun! My friends dad has a Can Am 350 and he tells us old stories about riding trails and hills with it, it sounded like a fun bike.

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Yea the Can Am was a wicked bike, I had my best year racing with that bike. 15 inches of travel front and rear. Air cooled and easy to work on. KDX's did not stand a chance against it. It would also pull most 250's in a drag race unless it was another Can Am.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
SGJ_Johansen said:
Don,

Yep you are counted as a friend :nod:

Can I be a friend too :cool:

I promise I wont laugh at you as you lie on your back making mud angels or running head on into trees :)

:nener:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Brian - COOL! I have laid out about 4 miles here at Camp Chaos - and picked up a number of new friends as a result! (fine with me!). One of the fun things is being able to re route it occasionally, or make alternate loops - an easy or short version or a AA version etc. Good stuff! I would let you ride my trail, if I can come ride yours?! (you are welcome here even if I cant!)

Go ride that 2 hunny!

Mike

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
I highly recommend that you have a few (or more) bikes come over and burn that trail in. I am willing to offer my services free of charge. Oh, and HELL YEAH I want to be your friend! Congrats on the new trail.

FLEM

Sep 22, 2004
sounds good , I've been working on my woods loop also, added at least another mile and a half over the last few weeks, had to detune the trails a little bit this year , my nephews both relatively new to riding can't get over all the logs so had to thin them a little,

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Last nights rain and high winds today kept me out of woods today, had to work on the driveway. I would think that if all goes according to plan and the rain cooperates if should be ready to ride on sunday. I have a LMC meeting on Sat so that will delay the riding a day. I will update later this week on its condition, and let you all know the offical opening ride date.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Sounds like a great track!! KTMike's is awesome, but not so awesome when ridden without handguards and wide bars like my YZF was set up last fall.

Brian, repeat after me while keeping an eye on the swinging watch "Mark is my f-r-i-e-n-d, Mark is my f-r-i-e-n-d"!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
MWEISSEN said:
KTMike's is awesome, but not so awesome when ridden without handguards and wide bars like my YZF was set up last fall.

Brian, repeat after me while keeping an eye on the swinging watch "Mike is my f-r-i-e-n-d, Mike is my f-r-i-e-n-d"!

Now Mark - you cant say I didnt warn you! You gonna take that 950 on my trails? :yikes:

"Brian is my Friend, Brian is my Friend...."

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Hey Anybody Interested In Honing Their Mx Skills??? We Will Be Opening Portland Mx Soon And A Mtr Ride Day Is A Possibility. We Also Have A Separate Mini Track For The Kids. I'd Be Willing To Trade Some Mx Time For Some Woods Time (hint, Hint) Regardless It Would Be A Fun Day For Everyone.
Dave Leathers.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Mark,
When I Invite People To Ride At Ptr, It Is As A Guest. There Is No Fee. You May Have To Sign A Waiver, Blah Blah Blah., But I Have Certain Priviledges As The So Called Ex-pres, To Bend The Rules And Create Ride Days For Groups Such As The Michigan Trail Riders Wether It Be 1 Person Or 20. I' Ve Put In My Dues So To Speak Out There, So Nobody Gives Me Much Crap,and I Don't Take Advantage Of It. If You Guys And Gals Are Interested Let Me Know.
Dave L.

Trashrider

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 3, 2004
Dave ,
I'm in. I need to improve my track skills. Let me know when.

Thanks, Mark

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Trail update.

Well the kids had the day off from school today, so Brent helped me finish brushing out the woodcourse. Still have to work on the grass track section that should not take to long. Have not taken milage on it yet. guessing in 3 plus mile range. I even left some logs in it so the Roselog crew can pratice.

We will be riding it Sunday at 1:30. Mike M will be coming up to ride. I will be adding another post to invite you all.

Brian

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'm in! Looking forward to seeing you again Brian. Should I bring any brush loppers??

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Woodsy is your friend too - Woodsy is your friend too ..........
Tell Woodsy where its at - Tell Woodsy where its at........
Woodsy is a nice person - Woodsy is a nice person.....
Woodsy is a great leader - Woodsy is a great leader....
Follow Woodsy off the trail - follow Woodsy off the trail....
GUESS I BETTER NOT PRESS MY LUCK!!!!!
Can I play too Brian?? I PROMISE I will be good and not cause you any embarressment with the nieghbors.. Welllllllllll, maybe a little with my Festiva and all but HEY, Mike and Shielia survived so I am sure you can too!! Ask Mike, I am potty trained and EVERYTHING!!!! Ohhhhhhhh, pretty please pretty please let me be one of the chosen few......
Oh yea, where did you guys say this was???? Speak up now - get in line to let me know - dont hold back - come a little closer little dirtriders - this ol timer wont hurt cha - just a little bittttt closer.............. :rotfl:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
woodsy said:
... but HEY, Mike and Shielia survived so I am sure you can too!! Ask Mike, I am potty trained and EVERYTHING!!!! :

well...the counseling sessions are nearly complete for us, we are pretty much able to see a Festiva without the urge to run and hide now...and the neighbors...well...visiting hours are every other sunday, no sharp objects allowed though. He does seem to do better with a litter box if he spends much time indoors,,, :p

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom