Kave needs to get a...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Well, I’m thinking about getting a new bike this fall, and I’ve narrowed it down to a final list. I tend to ride a bit of everything, desert, woods, some MX, trail riding. I’m not planning on selling the Mini or the YZ250. (I love my two-stroke). But I would like to get a bike plated (well... not the trials bike) for riding around here. So what do you all think? And if you have any input good or bad on these bikes I’d love to hear it.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
It's not on the list but our dealer has a sweet KTM 450 Supermoto conversion that's plated. It get's almost as many looks from me as I get evil eyes from Char when we stop by the dealer :laugh:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
My YZ250 is on it's way to Supermoto :) I know it sounds strange...

Hence the need for a new off-road bike.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
While you guys have listed off some great bikes, for where I'm at and what I can get my hands on that's my list. (Plus I've had truly bad luck with every KTM under a 525 that I have ever touched) The Adventure and the trials bikes are one there because some day I’d like to have those too. I’m just trying to pick what I’m going to get first. :)

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Well, in that case I'd probably go WR450F. I'm a die hard Honda fan but it seems like the WR is pretty bulletproof where as there have been cases of valve train troubles with the Hondas. Zip-ty also makes a TON of goodies for the blue bikes.

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
I would say Go Blue as advised above. Not sure what is up with you and ktm's, but hey, go with the yamaha, all i keep hearing is good stuff. If I was you, I would go with the Yamie given the variables you are dealing with. Good luck.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I think the CRF is the best all around bike in that list, it would be my first choice if I was going to buy a 4S. I really do like that bike, just don't tell the guys in the KDX forum :laugh:

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
So when ya gonna buy..?
It looks as if the CRF has a "Commanding lead"..

Crazy

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
in the fall some time

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Kav, you live right there among the rocks, go trials bike.

I don't even think the law requires a plate in the booneys.

Top Bottom