Okay... I'm an Okie but DAYUM

Found a scorpion walking thru the bedroom a few minutes ago... yup, one of those light colored, "hurts like hell when they sting you", but "don't kill ya" ones. Found out where he came in thru, plugged it. I also have a damn gofer in the yard I need to "be rid of"... I forgot what "wildlife" is like apparently.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
Might want to setup a dusting for scorpions Okie. Usually where there is one there is many. The females carry the tiny little babies on their back so if ya' smash them on the carpet often the little ones get away. Get stung once or twice and it's not so bad the next time :confused:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
Unpack your guns and start having fun with that gopher. That's the nice thing about living in the country, you get to use your artilery. :)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
gitcha a coupla big ole porch hounds who kin dig up that gofer and tear him a new one. Then you can use all the holes as practice bunkers for your golf game :)

Actually, I like Chuck's idea better. One of the main advantages to living in OK.

You gotta' get one of those mountain lions to come down and grab that gopher. Then a Bengal Tiger to come in and spook that mountain lion away. An elephant is good to get rid of the tiger....then I guess you have to make the jump straight to a T-Rex to remove the elephant.

Actually, if you could just teach the gophers to eat scorpions, you'd be in good shape!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
N. Texas SP
Use Seven granules on the yard.&nbsp; Start using a seed spreader and circle the house moving outwards each time around.&nbsp; About 10 pounds worth and that will get rid of the pesky scorpions.&nbsp; Next use an insecticide specifically for grub worms on the lawn.&nbsp; This will take several applications but will thin out the food supply for the gophers and the moles.&nbsp;
If that doesn't do the trick, use a .40 caliber on the gofers and ALWAYS check your shoes before putting them on your feet (most common way to get stung).
Welcome back to the Jungle.;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
we don't gots scorpions up here in Idaho

ah, the blessings of snow . . .

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
I'd take a pesky gopher and a few scorpions over perverted squirrels and loud neighbors any day. :confused:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
Ah I love New England. Never again will I complain about the cold, I'd rather freeze than get stung by a scorpion any day.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
I had a problem with pesky gophers 2 or 3 years back. The people who rented my home didn't water the lawn, creating a nice (dry) evironment for a gopher kingdom.

After I moved back in, I taped a garden hose to the DS80 exhaust, put the other end in the hole and ran the bike for an hour. No more gophers. :thumb: This was after many other futile attempts (traps, poison).