Okay, I'm in the mood.

Sorry ladies, that's not what I meant :p

If DRN could provide more useful stuff, what would it be? I'm SERIOUS! No, DRN can't make you faster, jump higher or grow larger... uh... you know. I'd like some input though... what are we missing here? Tracks/Trails database? Dealer/MFG database? What?

I'm in a developing/hacking mood, got any ideas?

Today, I messed with the photo album and added a "Latest Comments" thingie to it...

KiwiBird

Lifetime Sponsor
Ekko expanded could do with a link to photos on the top menu and also a quick reply box. Some skins seem to display more in the subject line than others.

How about customizable find new posts so it only looks in the forums you specify?

All menu choices on the top menu bar from http://www.dirtrider.net/ gives 404 for me.

DW03 was a big success too :laugh: is it STILL too late to sign up for DW02?

How's that for a start?

Yeah, yeah, I know - you wanted FUN code :laugh:

biglou

How about a "recommended parts/dealer" database? A place where there would be a list of places to buy from, recommended by STM's? Other than that, I can't think of a thing right now. The latest mod's kick ass!

JWW

Lifetime Sponsor
Track Trail database in each local forum

For sale forum split between bikes and parts

When you receive the e-mail about a reply it would be cool to see what the reply is. Also a e-mail for each reply not just the first until you check it. Maybe make it a clickable option. It sucks having only mail and no net at work.

Allow 2 letters searches. You could exclude common words...to at im am pm he me be yo mo

Last edited:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
I know not every single change that every single person mentions will happen, but here's one I think would be really cool (albeit, ALOT of work). How 'bout taking the web based e-mail program and integrating it with the forum software?? ie. Maybe along the left side of the screen it would display your inbox and have links to your other preferences/ folders. I know this is definately a stretch of the imagination here. :thumb:

truespode

Wheelie King
I heard Autozone has an online parts database where you can log on and put in your car make and link to the respective parts database. You can also keep track of your maintenance log too.

That would be cool to me but I'm not sure if it is possible b/c of the sheer volume of bikes not to mention copyright laws.

Ivan

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Maint log would be cool.
Maybe with parts usage, and TCO for the year tallys

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
How about a way to jump from forum to forum with a drop down menu like one on the PM page.

BTW, is it to cold to ride in OK? :p

rickyd

Hot Sauce
I too think a drop down menu would be nice, easier too go from forum too forum..

So I'm laying there, sleeping soundly and "jump menus" started poping-up all over the place like freaking sheep or something. I had to get-up and code them (back) in, in hopes that I'd be able to go back to sleep.

Damn the drop down menus!

No Walt, matter of fact it was 60+ today, I would have loved to be out there. Just mid-upper 50's for the rest of the week tho. (sounds like riding weather to me :) )

Howzit up there? :p

Ya know what's REALLY ugly?
The next version (MAJOR VERSION) of this core software is about to go Gold... I really need to upgrade in a bad way, but will lose all my hacks and have to recode them ALL. All the data has to be re-indexed, the database structure is different... word is that a board with 500,000+ posts will take up to 5 FREAKING DAYS to roll thru the conversion!!! All the while of course eating all the resources, making the site slow as hell. Yes, even with dual processors and a gig of ram.

ACK!