Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Rich... one of the reasons, amoung many to "upgrade" is the new core software's purge actually works... it's been broken on here for some time. The message data base is MASSIVE.

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
I like where Eeds is going with the tracks or places to ride. Something with a few pictures and a form to fill out. You could list what the trail or track is like, the hours of operation, contact information, hotels, etc.... Might take up alot of space though. Just throwing in my 2 cents. :)

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
Howzit up there? :p [/B]
Its typical Chicago crap winter weather. 30-35 everyday, no end in sight. The end is near, wooo is me:| My trailer is stored in my buddies barn, freezing, waiting for mice to chew a hole in it. I think Im gonna crack soon

BTW, nice dropdown menu's, I hope you can sleep now. :)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by WaltCMoto

Its typical Chicago crap winter weather...

It was cold Cold COLD when I caught the train in Edison Park this morning, spitting snow too.  It was 30 degrees when we got downtown to the office.  Grey and overcast except for a few minutes of sun around 12:30.

I just landed in Atlanta; it's great to be back down south!  I'm 154 miles from home.  This is/was my last trip of the year.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I like most of the Idea's so far! How about a few more preset Avatars for the life timers (more Euro brands. Husky, Husaberg, Vor etc. or maybe just a general Euro trash one would be fine. I'd just like to show my colors, you know be true to your school kind of thing.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Okie, it's 42 and sunny here so :moon:. I'm still waiting to see this stuff you Chicago people call snow. All I see is salt. :eek:

BTW... I like the quotes. :thumb:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Okie,

As for DRN upgrades it'd be cool for you to add a section in the Forsale/Wanted for single women who like to dirtbike!!  ;)  Kind of an internet match dating service for some of your dateless dirtbiking members.  :laugh:

OK - so maybe i'm asking for a little too much. 

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Okie ... You are TOOO much. I love the snow!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I like the leading and trailing gray shading to make the quote stand out, but IMO the quote box is too big overall.

How about making the open and close quotes (") inline with the first and last line of the actual quote text. Tightening it up a bit will save on the overall size of the reply box, reduce scrolling, etc. From an interface perspective, using KelvinKDX's post as an example, the actual content of the post takes up only about 5% of his reply box.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I really like the idea of a track/riding area database. For my own records, I have a spreadsheet of around 70 tracks in the Midwest area that I refer to often.

People could post the following standard info to add a new track/riding area:

Track/Riding Area Name:
Location (City/State):
Contact Info (Phone Number/Email):
Type of Riding:
Additional Info:
DRN User Who Posted Location:

Then maybe it can be consolidated into some sort of spreadsheet or database viewable on DRN. Or we can have like 50 master posts alphabetized by state (or like 8 by region then by state in the region listing - like: South-East (FL, GA, AL, NC, SC, TN), S (TX, OK, LA, MS, KS), NE, NW, SW, S, MW, etc.) and a mod of the forum can move each track/riding area listing to the correct state (or region) then delete the post.

I would be willing to be "post mover" if a spreadsheet isn't an option.

Top Bottom