Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sorry ladies, that's not what I meant :p

If DRN could provide more useful stuff, what would it be? I'm SERIOUS! No, DRN can't make you faster, jump higher or grow larger... uh... you know. I'd like some input though... what are we missing here? Tracks/Trails database? Dealer/MFG database? What?

I'm in a developing/hacking mood, got any ideas?

Today, I messed with the photo album and added a "Latest Comments" thingie to it...

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Ekko expanded could do with a link to photos on the top menu and also a quick reply box. Some skins seem to display more in the subject line than others.

How about customizable find new posts so it only looks in the forums you specify?

All menu choices on the top menu bar from http://www.dirtrider.net/ gives 404 for me.

DW03 was a big success too :laugh: is it STILL too late to sign up for DW02?

How's that for a start?

Yeah, yeah, I know - you wanted FUN code :laugh:

B

biglou

How about a "recommended parts/dealer" database? A place where there would be a list of places to buy from, recommended by STM's? Other than that, I can't think of a thing right now. The latest mod's kick ass!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Track Trail database in each local forum

For sale forum split between bikes and parts

When you receive the e-mail about a reply it would be cool to see what the reply is. Also a e-mail for each reply not just the first until you check it. Maybe make it a clickable option. It sucks having only mail and no net at work.

Allow 2 letters searches. You could exclude common words...to at im am pm he me be yo mo

Last edited:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I know not every single change that every single person mentions will happen, but here's one I think would be really cool (albeit, ALOT of work). How 'bout taking the web based e-mail program and integrating it with the forum software?? ie. Maybe along the left side of the screen it would display your inbox and have links to your other preferences/ folders. I know this is definately a stretch of the imagination here. :thumb:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I heard Autozone has an online parts database where you can log on and put in your car make and link to the respective parts database. You can also keep track of your maintenance log too.

That would be cool to me but I'm not sure if it is possible b/c of the sheer volume of bikes not to mention copyright laws.

Ivan

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
How about a way to jump from forum to forum with a drop down menu like one on the PM page.

BTW, is it to cold to ride in OK? :p

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I too think a drop down menu would be nice, easier too go from forum too forum..

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So I'm laying there, sleeping soundly and "jump menus" started poping-up all over the place like freaking sheep or something. I had to get-up and code them (back) in, in hopes that I'd be able to go back to sleep.

Damn the drop down menus!

No Walt, matter of fact it was 60+ today, I would have loved to be out there. Just mid-upper 50's for the rest of the week tho. (sounds like riding weather to me :) )

Howzit up there? :p

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Ya know what's REALLY ugly?
The next version (MAJOR VERSION) of this core software is about to go Gold... I really need to upgrade in a bad way, but will lose all my hacks and have to recode them ALL. All the data has to be re-indexed, the database structure is different... word is that a board with 500,000+ posts will take up to 5 FREAKING DAYS to roll thru the conversion!!! All the while of course eating all the resources, making the site slow as hell. Yes, even with dual processors and a gig of ram.

ACK!

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
well Mister Oak, all I know is what ever you do will be either great to have, good to know or just fun too dick around with.

Surprise us

B

biglou

I agree with splitting up the for sale forum. Kinda like that other, four-stroke only site (which shall remain nameless, of course...). I'd like to see more than two categories, though. Maybe like this:

Bikes.
Bike Parts.
Clothing/Helmets.
Vehicles/Trailers
Misc. (Videos, Software, Airsplatt Guns, Cappuccino Macines, etc.) :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I was tossing around the ride area / track idea earlier and still like it. There were some good comments regarding who, what, how ...

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80127

It could be something similar to the product database, where we post up information ourselves, and sorted by region or state.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
How about a FAQ of sorts compiled from DRN posts?

Like "How to ask what bike I should buy?" :p

or more likely...

WR250F Grey wire mod
Oil Debate
How to do a 2-stroke Top End

Some simple stuff on there *may* help bring in some of the newbies to the sport who really want to learn.

Ivan

B

biglou

I thought about that too, Ivan. Problem is, you can't get peeps to read the FAQ's or search the site (as recommended in the FAQ's...), how do you get them to search a minimalized database?!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
As long as we are wishing for Pie in the sky kinda stuff.

What I would like to see would be more "magazine" (e-zine?) kind of content.&nbsp; Everyone knows that many people impart some great stuff on here, but if you aren't reading everything there is stuff that is missed.&nbsp; I almost missed that post were E. Gorr told all the details about moving his shop and what his new shop was like.

I think, if they would do it, that it would&nbsp; be great to have a "monthly" column/editorial from Rich, Gorr, and I can think of a few others.&nbsp;

Our ride reports seem to be dwindling.&nbsp; What if there was a section that allowed any member to create their own ride journal that could then be viewed by all the other members?&nbsp; In the journal, you could write your report AND paste in all (if any) relevent pictures with captions.&nbsp; Kinda like a magazine web page.&nbsp; Woodsy writes great ride reports, and so does Jeffd and many others.

Just some thoughts.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I like the split up for sale forum idea AND the drop down menu idea. I also love the Maintenance journal - cool idea. I'm not feeling very creative today and can't think of any on my own.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It sure would be nice to have the old Purge function back to keep the forums clean. ;)

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich
It sure would be nice to have the old Purge function back to keep the forums clean. ;)

Uh oh, I feel a flushing coming on..........was that my life just flashing before my eyes

Top Bottom