blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
Note to self: When riding somebody elses bike, don't go fast right off the bat. Get to know the bike first.

Okay, today I was on the highway on my way home from school when I caught a dirtbike in the corner of my eye. Dirtbike??? Side of Highway??? Just doesn't seem right. So I pulled off the highway only to find a little road leading under this bridge where 4 trucks were parked and 6 or 7 guys on bikes. I parked the car and walked around. There was this nice jump that they were all jumping. I got to talking to one of the guys he took me for the grand tour of the trails. Nice little place. Great area for me to go to on the way home from school and practice some drills. :confused: Well I got to talking and I said something about my bike. They all gave me this blank stare and go, "YOU RIDE!" I said, "Yea"
"What kind of bike"
"2000 RM 125"
"WWWWWOOOOOWWWWWW"

So we got to talking and one of the guys asked how long its been since I rode. I said about a month. He goes why don't you take my bike out for a spin and check out the track. Sure I thought why not. I borrowed his helmet and hopped on the bike (KX 125 bored out to a 250 which I wasn't aware of). First thing I did was stall. LOL Great I thought what a great impression of how I can handle a bike. So I started it back up and took off. Obviously I was too excited when I was riding and went into 3rd gear pretty hardcore. I was coming to a dead end so I slammed on the front and rear brakes. OMG Did not have the stopping power of my bike, so I quickly tried to turn and gas it out. Didn't quite work out as I planned and I ended up on the ground. OUCH!! (Another great first impression) Cut up elbow and hurt knee (again damnit). I was okay to still ride, so I picked up the bike and continued to ride. This time I was careful and gave myself ample time to brake. ;) Checked out the track. One or two good jumps to practice on. The guys were really nice and we exchanged phone numbers so that we could "ride" togeather sometime in the near future (hence next week). :p It's great to be a chick and ride!!! I found a new riding area within 10 minutes of my house and found some new riding buddies!!! Just thought I'd share my great evening!!!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
That sucks you fell in front of them. I know the feeling--I borrowed Steve's bike last weekend since my throttle housing wasn't in yet and I crushed his pipe. :eek: I felt so bad! I didn't even crash, just dropped the bike when I went to put my foot down and found a rut! He wasn't pissed since he had a new pipe already but I felt like such a turd.

So what was the KX like, aside from the big bore kit? How were the ergos and handling? Apparently the brakes weren't that great. I don't know anybody who rides a KX 125 but I want to try one just to compare.

So were they cute? :confused: I agree, it's great to be a chick and ride! :cool:

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
Hee hee... yea a few of them were cute and within my age range! ;) The Kx didn't handle as nearly as good as my bike does (not even close). Then again mine has suspension work done to it. The bike however did go at a blip of the throttle, but that may be because it was technically a 250. I have ridden a few bikes (rm 125 (mine), yz 125, kx 80, yz 80, kx 250 and xr 200) and I never really noticed anything specific about the handling (like anything bad), I did however notice a big handling problem with this bike. Could just be his bike though or maybe I'm just spoiled with my suspension. *shrug* I rode my friends 2001 kx 250 not to long ago at a track and it was great. Talk about some power and great handling!!!

MXbabe

Oct 9, 2000
That would be my problem. . . I see a bunch of cute guys (my age) and then I think "hmmm, let's show them what I can do on a bike." Although, I would maim myself much worse. I am a sucker for "having to show my stuff" ;) At least you'll get to ride on your bike, redeem yourself and show them what you can really do! :cool:

Glad to hear you're okay.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Ya know, gals, we really do have the best of both worlds. I got into riding when I was single AND working at a bike shop! Employee discount and my pick of the customers! Well, the interested ones anyway. Life was pretty good. Ended up dating several mx racers, trail riders, and off road racers, as well as a fellow bike shop employee (different store, not mine) plus the service manager at the store I worked at after I quit! :p

<sigh> so much fun. moto-guys are the best. Especially the one I got now.

I will not be impressing anyone with my riding however. They are usually impressed with the bike, and ask what it's like, and then see me ride it and are like "OH No, RUN! She's gonna hit us!" LOL j/k I managed to pass this one guy and we passed each other back and forth all day. It was great fun.

Whenever my female riding friends and I would head out to ride people would stare like we were creatures from another planet. A girl riding with her boyfriend is one thing, but two gals riding alone? Inconceivable!

So you can all think I'm a bit vain if you want but I have to admit that the attention I get as a female rider, even if my skill level is nil, is pretty exciting. After all, that makes us ALL part of an elite few, right?

curlyma

Lifetime Sponsor
Jan 19, 2000
Aahh, youth.... savor every moment girls. I'm very conscious of just staying up on two wheels in "public". I was raising babies at your age, so I'm having my fun now, only it's mellowed out being an old(er) married woman. My kids call it my midlife crisis. I say it's one helluva fun crisis.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey, Curlyma, what happened to your avatar? It's different somehow. Your face is on the other side from what it used to be. What's that in the background?

As far as savoring youth, I was almost disappointed to meet Steve. I was firmly determined to stay single, boyfriend-less and just ride and race and get better. And make lots of friends along the way. But I met Steve and fell for him so what do you do. :confused:

But you're right--most of my friends from high school want to get married and start having kids RIGHT NOW and spend all their time scaring off men trying to find a husband. The ones who succeeded moved right out of their parents house in with their chosen victim and settled right down. Myself, I wasn't then and aren't now (at 22) ready to settle down and share my space with anyone! What's wrong with being on your own? I enjoy it. Everything I have is MINE. They all look at me almost as if I've failed at something b/c I haven't found a husband yet. :silly: What do they know?

All you younger gals who read this, don't depend on any guy for anything! Live your own life! Having your own place and not answering to anyone is so much fun. Don't worry about having or not having a boyfriend. Just have lots of good-looking riding buddies. :p ;)

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
blackhawk,

It's neat that you found a place to ride so close to home.

If this guy said
on the bike (KX 125 bored out to a 250
then he either knows nothing about bikes or was pulling your leg. :)

It would be allmost impossibe to bore a bike out that far.

curlyma

Lifetime Sponsor
Jan 19, 2000
FC22 - Okie changed my Avatar since I sent in a sponsorship. I've got to contact him to find out just what the heck he's got on the right side. Looks like my evil twin or something!

You right about establishing independence first, then finding your life mate next. It's important to be your own person first.

MXbabe

Oct 9, 2000
I agree with being independent. That is the best thing for a woman. If a woman is independant she emits a strong and desirable attitude (in a good way). Men are very attracted to strong women. Groing up I had friends who couldn't be alone, they went from boyfriend to boyfriend and never learned who they were or what they wanted. I don't understand how someone can't be by his or her self. People think if they are "alone" they are "lonely" but that is not the case. I had the most fun when I was single and "alone". ;)

I think it's very important for a woman to know who she is and want she wants. I enjoyed being a strong, single independent woman.

Now being 28 and married, I feel great about who I am. I never have to question "what if?"

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Originally posted by MXbabe
I think it's very important for a woman to know who she is and want she wants. I enjoyed being a strong, single independent woman.

Now being 28 and married, I feel great about who I am. I never have to question "what if?"

Exactly! Of course, I am past 28 by a couple years :confused: and not married anymore (thank God). (Not that marriage is bad just who I was married to.)

Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
all I can say is....

you go blackhawk468! how many girls would've done that? that's so awesome! but I don't know about a 125 being bored out to a 250....isn't that impossible?! I bet he was impressed that you even dared to get on that bike!
My neighbor's kids race, and the older son has a KX125...I tried it at a track...very peppy, revvy, and I couldn't even come within 6 inches of touching the ground LOL~
as far as being single and independant...that's wonderful!!! I wasted my 20's doing nothing constructive...
Now that I'm older and wiser (not!) I'm happy to say that I'm a very independant woman with a wonderful caring partner. We love to ride, but we don't have to ride with each other.
and it's a family sport....my 6 year old loves her quad... and we all ride together, which is great

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I can't remember if he said bored or not, I'm no good with those technical terms but he said he did something to it and that it was like a 250... ??? Dunno...

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I have no idea what that is curlyma!... you need to talk to Thump...

Top Bottom