BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Okie may just have to eat his words on the Euro World Champions this year, as it looks like Langston and Brown in the 125 class are going to be really tough contenders. Anyone see the Glen Helen races, phew, that was some wild stuff. Gotta love the fact that my cuz Langston from South Africa took the double in the 125 class.

Hey Patman, you must have loved seeing that flying KTM going all the way.

Ricky Carmichael and Travis Pastrana have their work cut out this season. Pity my other cuz Greg Albertyn has retired, a 125 and 250 title for 2001 would have been sweet ! :p

Gotta love these World Champions ;) :confused:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Too long, yet not long enough !

Yeah, it looks like the Safricans do good on KTM, Alfie Cox, now Grant Langston, maybe Albee should try his luck on the mighty orange machine :eek:

Yup, I still get teary eyed every time I see something on Southern Africa on Animal planet. I still have a piece of land at Cintsa East just north of East London which overlooks the see, what a beautiful place. My heart is still in Africa ... sniff :(

I have been in the USA for three years now, living in Indianapolis, will be moving to Amarillo Texas in July :eek:

Maybe the Americans are going to have to do like the Japanese MX champs, and ban all foreign riders in the future :p

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
No doubt Langston is fast... but, My money is still on Travis.
While no doubt he (langston) smoked in the first moto at GH, the second was a different story, Brown taking out Travis was beneficial as Travis was charging. But, that's racin'. We'll see how it all shakes out in the end. Whichever way it goes, looks to be a great season all around!!!

Wouldn't mind seeing Sebastian win the 250's either :)

Reon

Apr 11, 2000
Devils advocate

I still have a piece of land at Cintsa East just north of East London which overlooks the see, what a beautiful place.

Are you sure about the fact that you still own it and not 200 squatters ? :confused:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Springbok :p

Thats right !!

Okie had something to say about "so called" world champs a while ago, it is about time we see some of the Yanks head on over to Europe and compete for a REAL world title !!! :confused:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Why would they do that? All the Europeans want to come here. They'll be coming in droves after this season of 1 moto BS in Europe. Wasn't Stefan Everts just quoted as saying he is coming to the US?

At any rate, I won't be digging myself into a hole talking up who will win the 125's .... I will say Langston's lead is dwindling! 4 rounds in a row in the east coming up?

Hum... I'm guessing Travis will have the lead by Unadilla.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
As much as I was pulling for Langston (even though I really like Travis), it just goes to show- it ain't over 'til it's over!:D

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
As they say in the classics ... Next Time :think:

What is the point situation so far in the championship ?

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hum... I'm guessing Travis will have the lead by Unadilla.

Yeah, you were right Okie, only Grant got the win here, Brown Second and Pastrana finished 6th. With Pastrana's bang on the head, it is going to be a tense and exciting end to the season, 5 races to go.

Vat hom Fluffie .... translates to "Get him you hairy and fearless thang !!) :p

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
sorry Bundu...

"We just got a call from Robert Pastrana, and all is well at the Pastrana camp. Travis suffered a concussion after a scary get-off on the last lap of Moto 2 at Unadilla, but he's feeling fine today.

"He's real coherant today, and he doesn't have a headache at all," said Mr. Pastrana. "Basically, there was a little kicker on a straightaway, and everyone was taking the same rut into the kicker throughout the whole day. The rut was getting deeper and deeper, so Travis thought he would play it 'safe' on the last lap and take a different line over the jump. Unfortunately, the new line was all mud and sand, and Travis just sunk. His footpegs dug into the ground, and he went over his bars. But he's fine now. He will be racing at Troy next weekend."

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Betcha Okie had no inkling that Pastrana would be behind Brown and Langston by the end of Washougal - Brown by 5 over Langston, Pastrana 11 behind Langston.

The last 3 rounds are going to be thrilling !:p

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I'd say its all Brown or Langston now. Both have proven to be faster than Pastrana most of the year and have been better at keeping the rubber to the ground. Should be a good one, three rounds left and only 16 points seperate the top 3. I'm pulling for Langston.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I hear Okie likes pumpkin pie. :D

Top Bottom